I Now Have One Foot Firmly Placed On The Ottawa Band Wagon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
off topic, but have you all seen the latest canucks bobblehead?

angelbob.gif

The Senators hope Wade Redden's injury isn't serious. Redden collided knee-to-knee with Devils winger Turner Stevenson behind the Sens net in the third period of Game 2 and was forced to leave, requiring medical attention. Some Senators players felt Stevenson should be suspended. "It looked like (Stevenson) stuck his knee out," defenseman Curtis Leschyshyn told The Ottawa Citizen May 14. "I'm sure the league is going to look at and deal with it in the proper manner. If you don't think you can hit a guy with your shoulder, I don't think that's a reason to stick your knee out." Stevenson said he was innocent. "I was just going around the net, and I didn't know which way the goalie (Patrick Lalime) was going. My leg planted and I couldn't move, I couldn't shift my weight," he told the newspaper. "I'm not out there to hurt a guy. Hopefully he's able to play. I've had the same thing. I've had a blown-out knee, and that's not something I would want to happen."

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
On another note, this isn't good :scream:

? Senators' Redden day-to-day with left knee injury

Oh boo-hoo... he's ALWAYS injured. I can't remember a playoff where he has played more than 8 games... but that might have to do more with the Senators than his health :wink:

On a few occassions he's had bad luck with his legs... I guess it's from all that post-game cycling.

zonelistener said:

:down: :sad:

Chiz and LMPA...did you happen to see the ESPN special last night (I think it was on the duece, right before the game) about the Detroit Red Wings? AWESOME show! Very good insight to behind the scenes for an NHL team. Loved the trading deadline stuff.

I loved the first half, I taped the second but haven't watched it yet...

Apparently, my Red Wings friend had a small party to wtach, but ruined by getting depressed and whiney towards the end. :p

I wish more teams would do them. The Avs won't, too much crap going on behind the scenes. :angry: And their PR person for the last two, three seasons has sucked too bad.

A little premature, don't you think? After what happened to your team in the first round, you think you would change that tune. Some people never learn I guess.

Today's game was very well played by both teams. Ottawa had most of the chances, but caught some bad breaks (pucks going in off heads, etc) at the end. Next game will be a very different story.

I know what you mean PopAngel. I didn't even know the game was on until half way through the 2nd period when I came across the score online. The Sens were up 2-1, and I'm really liking this. So what happens? The Devils score 4 unanswered goals as soon as I sit down. Why do I even bother watching anymore? I think they're better when I don't watch the games. I mean, if you ask Chizip, the only thing that matters is the final score anyway. So there's really no point in watching the actual proceedings. Maybe there's something to that philosophy.

Michael Griffiths said:
Today's game was very well played by both teams. Ottawa had most of the chances, but caught some bad breaks (pucks going in off heads, etc) at the end. Next game will be a very different story.

:hmm: Looked like New Jersey had more will and determination today. I don't think had anything to do with your so called "bad breaks." :wink:

Michael Griffiths said:
I know what you mean PopAngel. I didn't even know the game was on until half way through the 2nd period when I came across the score online. The Sens were up 2-1, and I'm really liking this. So what happens? The Devils score 4 unanswered goals as soon as I sit down. Why do I even bother watching anymore? I think they're better when I don't watch the games. I mean, if you ask Chizip, the only thing that matters is the final score anyway. So there's really no point in watching the actual proceedings. Maybe there's something to that philosophy.

OK, I think this about settles that. From here on out, neither of us can watch any more hockey for the rest of the season. :huh:
Which will suck for sure, but maybe Ottawa will have a better chance! :lol:

Looked like New Jersey had more will and determination today. I don't think had anything to do with your so called "bad breaks.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:up:

quite the dynasty eh griffiths, if by dynasty one means underachieving in the playoffs every year, ottawa definitely fits the bill.

zonelistener said:

:hmm: Looked like New Jersey had more will and determination today. I don't think had anything to do with your so called "bad breaks." :wink:
Really? I thought you said that will and determination were impossible to determine? Seems you've contradicted your line of thinking.

Really? I didn't know Zoni was ever sarcastic? Are you being serious? Wow, I think you're being serious. How crafty. I will look out for this "sarcasm" in future posts. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks chizzz!!!!

Michael Griffiths said:
Really? I didn't know Zoni was ever sarcastic? Are you being serious? Wow, I think you're being serious. How crafty. I will look out for this "sarcasm" in future posts. Thanks for the heads up.

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

From now on I will use [sarcasm]blah blah blah[/sarcasm]

Chizip said:
quite the dynasty eh griffiths, if by dynasty one means underachieving in the playoffs every year, ottawa definitely fits the bill.

[sarcasm]Ah, you Eastern Conference rookies... if you had watched any games in the past 4 years, you would know that Ottawa would tank[/sarcasm]. I didn't think the Senators were underachievers, but chizip has it nailed about the dynasty thing.

I'm still trying to figure out when I said Ottawa was a dynasty? I posted an article in which the writer said the Senators *could* be the next dynasty, but I never said they were (and technically, neither did he). He said the ingredients are all in place, which is true. They have the most dynasty potential out of anyone in the NHL: they're young, talented, and have a new billionaire owner who bought them as a hobby team, not a cash making team.

Back
Top Bottom