I need some input...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which do you find more appealing...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Night & Day

Rock n' Roll Doggie, Band-aid
I have to make a decision about the cost of my book.
I submitted a price already, but I think I'd to change (lower) it.
I need some input as to what is more appealing.

Don't think about size or page count.
I want to know what would 'draw' your eye.

$9.99
or
$10.00

I read somewhere a long time ago, that $9.99 is more "appealing" to the general public, and most peole like the .'99' aspect.
But $10.00 just seems more even to me.

So please let me know what you think...whats more appealing to you.
I need to re-submit this soon.

Thank you all in advance.

it's a mind trick, people ALWAYS think that .99 is so much cheaper than the whole number, just cause it's not a whole number... go for the 9.99!

As an avid seller on ebay, I start all my items at $4.99, $9.99, etc. It just looks cheaper.

9.99 is easily more appealing.

I mean, seriously, it's 1 cent cheaper! It's more appealing to the eye AND the wallet!

It's just a fact in retail that having something as $9.99 instead of $10.00 is more appealing. Also...when I see something for $9.99, I think of it as $10, but I have already been with people who will refer to something that costs $9.99 as costing $9...so they automatically refer to it as being 99 cents cheaper when reasoning to buy it ("It's only $9".)

It's a children's book, called Jessica Messica.
It's base on part of a real little girl I nannied for 3 years, and myself as a child.
Her mother was the CEO of a million dollar company, and never, ever had time for her kids.
She would only buy them things to make them happy, hardly ever spending time with them.
I was very close to Jessica, who like me as a child, found enjoyment and satisfaction with the simple things in life..nature, insects, animals, dancing in the sun, etc.
She was a messy girl, but it was so innocent and lovely to watch.
If you go back about 2-3 years in my journal, you will find quite a few entries that involves my relationship with her and my pain and anguish as her mothers pee-on.

Here is my website.

Welcome to www.51533.authorworld.com

Thanks for asking.

Definitely $9.99. It's not so much the fact that it's 1 cent cheaper, it just looks better from a marketing perspective. On most sites like Amazon, etc. you'll see prices listed this way, instead of as a whole number like $10.00.

When you factor in the taxes, though, it really won't make much of a difference which price you pick. :) Like others have said, it's all in people's minds, and the .99 tends to look better (and cheaper!).

I am only making a little over $3.00 per book, so profit will be minimal, the rest is the cost of printing.
That's not my reason to write though.
My publisher wanted me to charge (standard price) which would be $11.49, which I think is just too much.
My profit keeping it at $11.49 would be greater obviously, but I just think how much would I pay for this book.
Ya know?
I want it to appeal to young girls, but also to the pocket book.
And I rather have 1,000 people buying at $9.99, then 300 buying at $11.49.

It really does look cheaper! When I see a brand new CD for the promotional price of $8.99 I'm thinking "wow it's only 8 bucks" despite it being closer to 9. I guess it's subconscious.

Jase what's the age group for the book? My aunt is big into children's lit and reviews books for a local publication. I will definitely send her your link, she will LOVE the title!!

OMG...thank you!
:shocked:
That would be so beautiful!

I could send you the story if you want, and you can forward it... it takes about 1 1/2 minuets to read.

Ages 4-10.
I did a trial by passing out my story to mothers of young children with both girls and boys, and the response was overwhelming...
siblings started calling one another 'Jessica Messica', or saying "You are such a Jessica Messica!"...They loved it!

Also, I have a few testimonials/reviews on my website by children advocates and authors.

Thank you so much! :hyper:

I am only making a little over $3.00 per book, so profit will be minimal, the rest is the cost of printing.
That's not my reason to write though.
My publisher wanted me to charge (standard price) which would be $11.49, which I think is just too much.
My profit keeping it at $11.49 would be greater obviously, but I just think how much would I pay for this book.
Ya know?
I want it to appeal to young girls, but also to the pocket book.
And I rather have 1,000 people buying at $9.99, then 300 buying at $11.49.

Definitely - it's good to factor in what you'd be willing to pay for a similar book. I really love the title! :)

Definitely $9.99. It's not so much the fact that it's 1 cent cheaper, it just looks better from a marketing perspective. On most sites like Amazon, etc. you'll see prices listed this way, instead of as a whole number like $10.00.

When you factor in the taxes, though, it really won't make much of a difference which price you pick. :) Like others have said, it's all in people's minds, and the .99 tends to look better (and cheaper!).

:yes:

Or you could do $9.95 :flirt:

Agreed, $9.95 sounds better and more creative than $9.99 and $9.99 sounds better than $10.

Let´s face it, $ 9.95 is attractive.

Back
Top Bottom