I need some info about Phoenix please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BAW

The Flower
My husband and I will be spending 4 days in Phoenix in couple of weeks and I need some suggestions from anyone who lives there or has visited recently. Can anyone recommend any of the following:

A few nice restaurants, in particular where we can find a good steak, a nice sushi bar and a good place for breakfast.

A couple interesting things to do or sights to see on a Friday and Saturday afternoon

A nice mall

A few nightspots

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

And if anyone is interested in seeing Coldplay with me (in Phoenix) on Sunday, Feb 9th, I STILL have 2 extra tickets. :scream:

I was in Scottsdale last year (and I think Phoenix)

I liked:

Medizona as a nice local restaurant.

Ask Diamond, he lives there...

My fav uncle lives in Phonenix!! I loved it when I visited him in Dec of '01!! OME, its sooooooooooooo warm there! It was Dec and it was like 80 something outside!! Scottsdale is nice! Overall Phoenix is a very CLEAN city! All the streets were like clean! Like damn! LOL

If you interested in the Native American culture I recommend the Heard Museum.It has a really neat gift shop where you can buy authentic Indian high quality goods.
Another neat place to go is the Desert Botanical Garden, where you can see all kinds of desert plant life.
I only got to spend a couple of days in Phoenix, and these were the two places that I got to see.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

uh i am seeing him this weekend! :yes: :drool: and in March...:hmm: now should i see him in Feb? *looks at bank acct!* :angry: NO, i can't! :scream:

Okay...I understand. I was gonna give you the tickets for free but I guess you'd need a plane ticket too. :(

I was just in Phoenix 2 weeks ago. Granted, I was there to work with homeless crackheads, but it was still fun.

Try to get out to White Tanks Regional Park (out in Mesa). We went there to go hiking and it was really beautiful. Some great rock formations, beautiful wide paths...nice for novice hikers, and of course some mountains for people who are more advanced.

I didn't do much sightseeing, but try to get to a place called the Willow House (coffeehouse/gift shop/bookstore/music place)--they have great drinks and lots of locally made handicrafts and gifts.

And if you want to help out the less fortunate while you're there, drop by the Andre House around 4:00 p.m. any night except Friday, and you can help serve dinner to Phoenix's sizable homeless population. :)

baw-
i can use that ticket.
it would b nice to meet you and your hubby.
maybe we can go sing karamajoke together:huh:

db3
:angry:

Thanks everyone who gave suggestions, I appreciate it :)

...and the Coldplay tickets were sold on ebay this morning so I'm sitting with strangers :(

Back
Top Bottom