I need internet/computer help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Okay, I'm on my brand new laptop...and when i'm on internet explorer sometimes it randomly goes back to the previous page. I don't have to click anything or hit any key....it'll just go back! It gets frustrating when i've typed a really long post and then it hits back and i lose everything. :grumpy: Any ideas?

I've never heard of that. :scratch:

Are you sure you're not hitting anything? There's a button on the side of my mouse at work that I can click to go back a page...and I didn't realize it until after I'd done it a few times. :lol:

It's cus you're using Internet Explorer and it sucks. There's probably not a better explaination. Switch to FireFox ASAP.

If you click Forward, is the post text still there? I've accidentally hit/clicked on things after typing a long post, but usually if I go back or forward to the reply, all the text is still there. I'm not using IE though.

I've also already accidentally hit key combinations and gotten funky things. Alt+Left Arrow sends ya back. With those both being along the bottom of the keyboard, it's possible that they were accidentally hit.

Do you use a mouse, or the input method build into the laptop? Sometime the touchscreen and buttons get hit by accident.

Also, I agree with Lies. Download and install Firefox. I now use Firefox and Thunderbird instead of IE and OE.

firefox rocks!!!!!

i just got firefox a couple days ago with firefox adblock (blocks flash and banner ads) & tabbed browser preferences features and the littlefox theme, and added more search items to the drop down such as amazon.com, ebay, reverse phone lookup, weather.com, google, webster dictionary, IMDB.com, and dexonline.com......... i give this program 2 high fives :up: :up: ... damn its good..wish i switched ages ago..

Back
Top Bottom