I need advice from cat people!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
My kitty has terrible dandruff on her back (we think it's because of the air conditioning). She has thick, black fur on the back so the flakes are easy to spot, and when you move the fir to look at her skin its all dead and dry. Is there anything I can do for her to make the dandruff go away or should I just scratch her back?

U2democrat said:
My kitty has terrible dandruff on her back (we think it's because of the air conditioning). She has thick, black fur on the back so the flakes are easy to spot, and when you move the fir to look at her skin its all dead and dry. Is there anything I can do for her to make the dandruff go away or should I just scratch her back?

There are products you can get to help with skin conditions. My vet recommended 3V Caps for some of my dogs and cats. I know the http://www.drsfostersmith.com/ site carries it and similar products. Good luck!

I have a cat with the same problem. My vet said to just brush her daily and add a little olive oil to her food. The brushing has helped a lot but I have not added the olive oil.

I have also heard that opening an vitamin E capsule and rubbing it in their fur helps too. I tried that once with one of my black cats who was having some dry skin problems. It seemed to help a little. I do try to brush my cats at least a few times each week. I'm pretty sure you can find something at Pets Mart for dry skin for the kitty.

Re: Re: I need advice from cat people!

indra said:

There are products you can get to help with skin conditions. My vet recommended 3V Caps for some of my dogs and cats. I know the http://www.drsfostersmith.com/ site carries it and similar products. Good luck!

I have an older cat that has perpetual dander. My vet recommended the same. It works great. :up:

mdw3935 said:
I have also heard that opening an vitamin E capsule and rubbing it in their fur helps too. I tried that once with one of my black cats who was having some dry skin problems. It seemed to help a little. I do try to brush my cats at least a few times each week. I'm pretty sure you can find something at Pets Mart for dry skin for the kitty.

It may work, but just you should always use caution when you put anything on the cat. Remember they lick to clean themselves and depending on the cat, some things can make them sick when they ingest it.

B000069HZO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom