I need a early hours of the morning style album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
You know the sorts of albums, I'm talking about, just real chiller music, nothing overtly exciting, they used to advertise them on TV... those 3am albums, but I want a GOOD one. I don't mind whether it's all one artist, or a collection, but if anyone can recommend one, that'd be great.

The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground (1969)
Beck - Sea Change
Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left

There are several very fine jazz albums that immediately come to mind - very atmospheric and relaxing, if only slightly foreboding at times.

Miles Davis: In a Silent Way; Miles in the Sky; Seven Steps to Heaven; Kind of Blue

Herbie Hancock: Empyrean Isles; The Piano; Takin' Off

John Coltrane: The Gentle Side of Coltrane

I'll check out the Air :up: I had never gotten around to Sea Change until now, it just kept slipping through what I was investigating music-wise.

I am SO glad I listened to the thing. :drool:

Last edited:
3am chilloutmusic or 3am about to get laid by some drunk chick music?

If it's the former, check out Josh Pyke's Memories & Dust. Very relaxing tunes from Australia's best solo artist at the moment.

Oh, and listen to some Miles Davis, you heathen. Birth Of The Cool is probably the most accessible, but Kind Of Blue has no bad tracks at all.

Another thumbs up for Air's Moon Safari - it is a great chillout album.

Canadiens1160 said:
I'll check out the Air :up: I had never gotten around to Sea Change until now, it just kept slipping through what I was investigating music-wise.

I am SO glad I listened to the thing. :drool:

Canadiens, if you are interested in Air I would suggest getting their albums in this order:

Moon Safari
Talkie Walkie
Pocket Symphony
10,000 Hz Legend

There is also The Virgin Suicides Soundtrack as well...

<- Self-confessed "Air-Head"

elevated_u2_fan said:

10,000 Hz Legend

My fav of theirs. I like Moon Safari, but I've never understood the hype that seems to have gone with it. There are a lot better electronic chillout type albums out there, even by Air themselves.

u2popmofo said:

My fav of theirs. I like Moon Safari, but I've never understood the hype that seems to have gone with it. There are a lot better electronic chillout type albums out there, even by Air themselves.

I agree, my favorite is actually Talkie Walkie but for first-time listeners I think Moon Safari is the most accessible.

I also love 10,000 Hz Legend (Electronic Performers, The Vagabond and Radian are 3 of my favs) but it might be considered a little odd for first time listens. Not that there's anything wrong with that :wink:

yertle-the-turtle said:

I always like hearing the song 'One Perfect Sunrise' by Orbital during sunrise though...hehehe.

I LOVE this song! :drool: :drool: I want it played at my funeral. The PERFECT send-off! :yes:

It's kind of hard to find, but the 2nd 1/2 of this album is ABSOULTELY killer chill music:

DJ Jody -- Way Out There, A Progressive DJ Mix :rockon: :drool:

Thanks for the Air advice......love Moon Safari already and will check out the rest.

As a side note, if they could loop the first couple seconds of the Reading Rainbow theme, I'd take tons of soma and chill out to that for the rest of time.

Take a look, it's in a book

1130153558_0b0a9bad99_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom