I met Victor Petrenko and Artur Dimitriev!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG, you met Elvis, Michelle and Philippe! Damn! Some people have all of the luck.......I've seen all three of them skate in person but I've never met them. I wish I could see Elvis skate to "Elevation" even if it's just his intro.......that guy is so explosive and intense even with an intro, that song suits him perfectly. I know Michelle is a sweetie.........an amazing skater, too. Ditto for Philippe. Yeah, these skaters have a low center of gravity, that's how they get that kind of height on their jumps! They're amazing. That stuff is so *hard* to do!
I love the pix!!!!:heart: :heart: :heart: :cool:

Thanks Sula and Verte! I'm so glad you guys enjoyed the pix!
I wasn't really lucky to meet them, I just have a VERY nice friend that knows one of the sons of Tom Collins ( who runs COI). He was nice enough to get us tickets, programs and VIP all access passes. I've never been that lucky, for concerts or anything so it was a pretty special treat! I'm a huge skating fan and I wasn't disappointed after meeting them.

The funny thing is, I'm 5'9 and I had 2 inch platforms on , so in all the pics I was totally scooching down in the pics so as not to appear a giant with them. Michelle is the TINIEST thing I've ever seen! Elvis was laughing because I said to him , "damn! why did I wear platforms!!"

We took others with Pleshenko ( "The Beak") and Michael Weiss but my friends camera isn't digital so I don't have those pics. They were both nice as well.

Can't wait for skating season to start up!!! We need a skating board here!

Michael Weiss...is he as cute in person as he seems to be?

lol@Yvgeny the beak. :yes: It's so true. Scan in the piccies if you get a chance. :D

*loves skate-talk*

Okay, so here's the answers:

Yes, Michael Weiss is CUTER in person. In fact, I didn't think he was that cute on TV but in person. ADORABLE. His hair is lighter on the tour. I think he dyed it black last year. Backstage at intermission, he was watching TV with a little boy ( I presume his son?) Very nice to us when posing for pics with my friend.

Sasha Cohen was on the stairmaster when we were back there at intermission. THE WHOLE TIME. She is very determined, I could see that!!!

Beak and Ilia Kulik ( who was there visiting) were playing ping pong. Then Beak and Viktor were playing. Artur was there as well backstage.

It's weird because being back there you realize, it's a small circle that they live in when they're on tour like this. It's got to be a big relief when they go home. But at the same time, if you're a skater, this is what you do and that's what pays for your house!!

Back
Top Bottom