I met Art Alexakis last night!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
Woo hoo!!
He was in Seattle playing a solo show and it was the most amazing thing I've heard in a long time. Afterwards he hung around and signed everything...for everyone. ;)
I left my camera at home :banghead:
Oh well...
Anyone here an Everclear fan? I don't recall ever seeing much posted about them around here.

coooooool!

yeah they're not really liked much around here, i don't think

i like them. i can't say i liked their last album (the slow motion day dream one...that's still the last album they've put out, right?) much though. i don't know. one of those bands who put out pretty much the same music everytime (even though they do try to do differnt things. example, both the songs from an american movie albums were loads different, and as a result their best work, but there's that ever-present *dum dum dum du-du-dum* "yeah"), yet i STILL like it, and the songs still are different enough to tell apart.

ramble...yikes.

i like them. not the most creative band in the world, but something about the songs make me happy. and i could really identify with 'father of mine' when it came out.

I just get excited because their music brings me back 10 years to high school...happy times in high school. I spent too much time listening to Nirvana(nothing against Nirvana-still listen almost daily), but when you're an emotional teenage girl...it can be a bit much. So I would listen to Nirvana and get a "I hate being a teenager and I hate school and I hate life" and then Everclear would come on the radio and it would snap me out of my funk. Still to this day their music makes me smile.
I think everyone has a band that does this to them...
Everclear is mine.

i'm listening to the so much for the afterglow album just cos of your thread :up:

i will never be normal like you.

whooohoooo! in some bizarre way this album has always made me happy.

Back
Top Bottom