I Love The 90s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonlit_Angel

Blue Crack Addict
In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de
So, we had the 80s, then the 70s, now it's the 90s. Anybody been watching this?

Definitely remembering a lot of stuff here-I actually remember walking through my elementary school and having "Ice Ice Baby" in my head. :der:. And those "Where's Waldo" books were in our classrooms, and I loved reading those.

I'd actually forgotten about Dr. Kevorkian until now. Yeah, he was all over the place then.

Also, Dan Quayle...is a moron. Yes.

Heh, they're talking about "Free Willy" now-god, I watched that movie at my grandma's house once. I actually remember crying at it, too.

Anywho, so how about you guys? Big flashbacks going here (it's the weirdest thing for me-this whole year has been full of nothing but flashbacks of my entire life-hearing songs I haven't heard in ages, seeing shows I haven't seen in ages, etc., etc. Maybe it's something to do with the fact that I'll be turning 20 this year?)?

Angela

I am Tivo-ing this, watched only '90 so far - did ya catch EBTTRT in the background music at one point? :hyper:

I can't remember what they were talking about when it was playing just I was just listening to the song :der:

:mad: Wouldn't you know-and they are covering the Music of the 90's tomarrow(Just could not have been This Morning when I Could have watched it!!!:madspit: ) DARN!!!!! Hafta miss Achtung Baby! Shoot!!! :|

I watched yesterday, but missed today. That fucking dancing baby needs to go.

bonosloveslave said:
I am Tivo-ing this, watched only '90 so far - did ya catch EBTTRT in the background music at one point? :hyper:

I can't remember what they were talking about when it was playing just I was just listening to the song :der:

LOL, yes (it was at the part where they were talking about some movie, I think-can't remember what one right now, though). And tonight when they were talking about that Crystal Pepsi (another thing I actually remember drinking once), "The Sweetest Thing" was playing in the background. :).

Gotta love VH1-always sneaking U2 in in some way, shape, or form. :p.

Angela

Yeah I watched 90 and 91...I was going to watch 92 and 93 but hubby wanted to watch poker :( Oh well they'll replay it a whole bunch of times.

Man I remember EVERYTHING they talk about on there LOL. Brings back great memories :D

I've been watching it too. It takes me back to my high school years! It's really cool but kinda creepy too because it's so strange how hearing a song can make you feel like you are 15 again!!

I don't like I Love The 90s as much as I loved the "80s" series.. I feel VH1 could have gotten different onair talent. I'm kinda sick of the same old Hal Sparks, Michael Ian Black and crew.

Either way, still better than most of what is on television. :)

Hal Sparks used to crack me up when I saw his schtick the first time, but now he's wearing on my last nerve. They need to send him and the dancing baby (why was he in a shot with Dan freakin Quayle last night?????) on a one way ticket to anywhere we never have to see them again. Anyone else notice that all of Hal's jokes seem to rely on masturbation? :crack:

Other than that, it's been pretty cool... A bit premature, but whatever. :)

Yeah, he's obnoxious and I've always thought so. And what's with the chick from the O.C. doing commentary? Isn't she 18 or something?? That was like how they had LeAnn Rimes waxing poetic about her fond memories of 1985, when she was three.

~LadyLemon~ said:
Yeah, he's obnoxious and I've always thought so. And what's with the chick from the O.C. doing commentary? Isn't she 18 or something?? That was like how they had LeAnn Rimes waxing poetic about her fond memories of 1985, when she was three.

Exactly! It's like Raven Symone talking about Pound Puppies and how much she used to love them. Excuse me, but I remember them being popular around 1985-86, and wasn't she 4 or 5 when she was on the Cosby Show, which was the late 80's? That's always irked me about those shows. I know, I shouldn't care so much, but damnit, I do.

VH1 is just out of ideas for programs. 90 and 91 were cool, but once the years are less than 10 years past it's just lame cash in. How can you wax nostalgic about 1999? Wow, 5 years ago. Shit on them.

The nineties were yesterday, the eighties the day before yesterday. The seventies? Now you're talking nostalgia.

proud member of the class of '80

i like watching this show but yeah i think it's a bit too early to be remembering this shit. although it's nice because the 90s were the first decade i completely remember cuz, well, i was actually around for the whole decade. i remember the 80s specials (yeah, i can't believe they actually made two whole series for them) and when they were talking about 80 i was completely lost for some of it.

they just showed rachel bilson again and god she does look young. i thought she was 16 and now i find out she's several years OLDER than me? :shocked:

KhanadaRhodes said:
i like watching this show but yeah i think it's a bit too early to be remembering this shit. although it's nice because the 90s were the first decade i completely remember cuz, well, i was actually around for the whole decade. i remember the 80s specials (yeah, i can't believe they actually made two whole series for them) and when they were talking about 80 i was completely lost for some of it.

Exactly. I remembered bits and pieces of the 80s, but this is where everything is going for me, this decade's where most of my memories are.

Also, yeah, the 90s ended 5 years ago, but sometimes when I hear about something that happened in the late 90s or came out in the late 90s, I find it hard to believe it's been that long a time already. I dunno. I'm enjoying this trip down memory lane (and I find Hal's commentary funny, too, personally, but hey, to each their own).

Definitely remember seeing that chase with O.J. Mmhm. God, I even remember when I very first heard about the murders-was watching one of those entertainment show one day, and there was this breaking story about a double murder, and the pictures of his wife, him, and the other guy, Ron, were up on the screen. No clue at that time that it was gonna get as big as it did.

And I remember seeing the footage of Nancy Kerrigan sitting there crying after that whole thing with her leg.

I was a weird kid, though-all the kids in my school were watching "Melrose Place" and "Beverly Hills 90210" and "Saved By The Bell"...and I never, ever watched any of those shows. I was still watching Nickelodeon and MTV.

Also, I guess I never connected John Tesh to that "ET" show-I had no idea it was that John Tesh who was making music.

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
Exactly! It's like Raven Symone talking about Pound Puppies and how much she used to love them. Excuse me, but I remember them being popular around 1985-86, and wasn't she 4 or 5 when she was on the Cosby Show, which was the late 80's?

:shrug:...I dunno, I was around that age when the Pound Puppies came out, too, and I definitely remember them. I have three of them.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
And those "Where's Waldo" books were in our classrooms, and I loved reading those.

Angela

What do you mean: reading the where's waldo books

Looking at them, then, Tomer. :).

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Has anyone listened to the I Love The 90's radio yet? I've had it on all morning... They're playing Macarena now, dear god. :|

I heard that at every graduation party I went to that year (except my own, hehe). :crack:

LOL, no haven't listened to that station, but I do remember dancing to that song at my school's sixth grade winter dance back in '96 (yikes, that was 8 years ago already?). :p. They also played it at our prom last year, too. :D. That dance certainly was all the rage there for a while. I even remember watching "Mad About You" and seeing Paul and Jamie doing that dance.

Haha, didn't some political figure or someone have their own version of that dance? They called it the "_____erena" (the ____ part being where they inserted their name)?

Angela

Last edited:
I've only seen 1990 so far, but I loved the Pretty Woman jokes.

"Yeah, you don't want to kiss on the mouth cause then you might fall in love with them!!" :wink:

Otherwise, it does feel kind of lame they're doing the 90's already--but it's fun to see some of the stuff from early on in the decade.

It may been a little too early to do the 90s, but some of it is funny.

Barney, Free Willy, and tonight the Spice Girls are all too painful to watch though :crack:

Last edited:
:| I suppose they don't care if they get all the info right-esp. if THEY were too young then! Yeah-well what did they do with all those that Were? lol-you think they would make sense here!

The 1990, 1991, 1992 and 1993 shows were all fun. I loved that they had practically a 5-minute segment on The X-Files, my favorite show of all time, at the end of the 1993 show! But I turned it off 10 minutes into the 1994 show because I was so bored. :yawn: Could it be there's a 10-year window on nostalgia? :hmm:

agentmissa said:
Ok, I'm a huge Hal Sparks fan.. what can I say, he's just so cute.:D

:). Ditto that.

A couple of things I just thought of tonight that I'm rather surprised have not been mentioned throughout this week's shows so far-"Friends" and "Seinfeld". I thought for sure those two shows would be mentioned-they were two of the most popular shows of the 90s (heck, probably of all time, too), after all.

Angela

Bono's shades said:
The 1990, 1991, 1992 and 1993 shows were all fun. I loved that they had practically a 5-minute segment on The X-Files, my favorite show of all time, at the end of the 1993 show! But I turned it off 10 minutes into the 1994 show because I was so bored. :yawn: Could it be there's a 10-year window on nostalgia? :hmm:

I can't wait to see The X-Files one. (I have them taped and havent gotten to sit and watch t.v. this week!) :hyper:

As X-Files Magazine's Scully lookalike, I should have been on it. :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom