I Love The 90s - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2004, 01:54 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 06:38 PM
Looking at them, then, Tomer. .

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
Has anyone listened to the I Love The 90's radio yet? I've had it on all morning... They're playing Macarena now, dear god.

I heard that at every graduation party I went to that year (except my own, hehe).
LOL, no haven't listened to that station, but I do remember dancing to that song at my school's sixth grade winter dance back in '96 (yikes, that was 8 years ago already?). . They also played it at our prom last year, too. . That dance certainly was all the rage there for a while. I even remember watching "Mad About You" and seeing Paul and Jamie doing that dance.

Haha, didn't some political figure or someone have their own version of that dance? They called it the "_____erena" (the ____ part being where they inserted their name)?

Angela

Old 07-15-2004, 02:20 PM   #22
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:38 PM
I've only seen 1990 so far, but I loved the Pretty Woman jokes.

"Yeah, you don't want to kiss on the mouth cause then you might fall in love with them!!"

Otherwise, it does feel kind of lame they're doing the 90's already--but it's fun to see some of the stuff from early on in the decade.

Old 07-15-2004, 02:26 PM   #23
Blue Crack Distributor

I think once we hit teenybopper pop I'll be a lost cause and not watch anymore. Also, Y2K will be fun to revisit, four years later.

Seriously, next year it'll be the 5th anniversary of the new millenium! Can't wait for "I Love The '00's!"
Old 07-15-2004, 03:47 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:38 PM
It may been a little too early to do the 90s, but some of it is funny.

Barney, Free Willy, and tonight the Spice Girls are all too painful to watch though
Old 07-15-2004, 08:15 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Oh, lord...tonight they're talking about the dance songs of '96...geez, I remember hearing "Missing" all the time on the local radio station in my old town.

Tickle-Me-Elmo-haha, my little second-cousin had one of those. .

Angela
Old 07-15-2004, 11:05 PM   #26
Refugee

Local Time: 11:38 PM
I suppose they don't care if they get all the info right-esp. if THEY were too young then! Yeah-well what did they do with all those that Were? lol-you think they would make sense here!
Old 07-15-2004, 11:12 PM   #27
Refugee

Ok, I'm a huge Hal Sparks fan.. what can I say, he's just so cute.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:31 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:38 PM
The 1990, 1991, 1992 and 1993 shows were all fun. I loved that they had practically a 5-minute segment on The X-Files, my favorite show of all time, at the end of the 1993 show! But I turned it off 10 minutes into the 1994 show because I was so bored. Could it be there's a 10-year window on nostalgia?
Old 07-16-2004, 04:14 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by agentmissa
Ok, I'm a huge Hal Sparks fan.. what can I say, he's just so cute.
. Ditto that.

A couple of things I just thought of tonight that I'm rather surprised have not been mentioned throughout this week's shows so far-"Friends" and "Seinfeld". I thought for sure those two shows would be mentioned-they were two of the most popular shows of the 90s (heck, probably of all time, too), after all.

Angela
Old 07-16-2004, 11:01 AM   #30
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's shades
The 1990, 1991, 1992 and 1993 shows were all fun. I loved that they had practically a 5-minute segment on The X-Files, my favorite show of all time, at the end of the 1993 show! But I turned it off 10 minutes into the 1994 show because I was so bored. Could it be there's a 10-year window on nostalgia?
I can't wait to see The X-Files one. (I have them taped and havent gotten to sit and watch t.v. this week!)

As X-Files Magazine's Scully lookalike, I should have been on it.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:16 PM   #31
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1
VH1 is just out of ideas for programs. 90 and 91 were cool, but once the years are less than 10 years past it's just lame cash in. How can you wax nostalgic about 1999? Wow, 5 years ago. Shit on them.
agreed.
Old 07-18-2004, 05:02 PM   #32
Refugee

Local Time: 03:38 PM
I've been sick all week with strep throat and all the fun shit that goes along with it, so the only thing I've been able to do is watch TV. Basic cable TV. Meaning that I have seen these episodes a few more times than I'd like to say.

The Snapple Lady (who, by the way, I didn't even think was that big of a deal in the 90s or ever) said on one of the shows that they're doing a whole separate round called I Love the 90s Part Deux. So, maybe then they'll cover Friends, Seinfeld, and Achtung Baby.

The '99 show just seems silly to me. They mention Fight Club as if it were a 70s flick. I had just seen it for the first time a few weeks ago!

Am I old? Or young? What am I supposed to feel?! Stupid VH1.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:16 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Today I was thinking about how VH1 stands for Video Hits 1. They and MTV should really change their names because neither one of these channels is about music or videos anymore. VH1 especially should just call themselves "Crappy Pop Culture and Lots of Pointless Countdowns Television" or something. These I Love the Whatevers shows are kinda fun, yeah, but I'm sad that VH1 can't think of anything better (i.e., music related) to do with their channel.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:07 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

You're right Heartland Girl. and Keocmb I've been laid up after having knee surgery and have watched alot of this and haven't seen anything on U2 except the background music mentioned earlier. Matter of fact they don't mention any music other than hip hop and the dance music of the year they are talking about. It's lame for sure. I didn't watch half the crap, in the 90's they talk about anyway. Didn't expect anything different from VH1. If it isn't Brittney or Jessica Simpson, the're at a loss of what to put on. Needless to say I've been reading alot.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:35 PM   #35
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosloveslave
I am Tivo-ing this, watched only '90 so far - did ya catch EBTTRT in the background music at one point?

I can't remember what they were talking about when it was playing just I was just listening to the song
It was during the Jack Kevorkian bit.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:03 PM   #36
Refugee

They also play "Mysterious Ways" during a bit about JK Rowling, the author the Harry Potter books.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:31 AM   #37
Refugee

I was dissappointed about there not being any mention of ZooTV, Achtung Baby, not even Popmart, albeit not one of U2's best moments.

The one part that kept cracking me up, which is probably not something I should laugh at, was where they'd show that clip of Ice Cube yelling, "you gotta problem!" then shooting someone with a gun, during different people's comments.