I look at all the lonely people...(Valentine's Day single's thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Single and completely indifferent about it

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Single and loving it,
smile.gif

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
when asking a male friend if I should just start taking the initiative and asking the guys out, he says "no, i usually don't like that"

Well, if you ask me.. I'd be very happy if more girls would ask guys out. But then again I'm all shy and insecure so maybe that's why.

I don't know if I'd say I'm lonely. I don't feel like I need any particular relationship in my life. Sometimes it just seems like I'm very alone. Most of my close relationships/friendships have kind of fizzled in the last few weeks, and it's kinda hard to deal with. It's teaching me to be self-reliant, but it's also very hard to work your way out of a dark self-doubting place. That's where I am now.

Single!!!
I want a bf, but i guess I cant really have one right now, since life still sux for me - long story. Basically it would be easy for me to attract one, but difficult if not impossible to keep one at the moment. Sigh.
frown.gif

When things are better for me(hopefully real soon) if someone suitable doesnt find me first, i shall take a long desired trip to a military base, stand there, look cute,a nd wait to be mauled!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 02-11-2002).]

It is rather depressing to be single on Valentines Day though...Wah!
Oh well, I've got the thought of Larrys touch to keep me warm!
eek.gif

------------------
*Ya Just cant get enough, of that Lovey Dovey stuff...*

" And to think I actually TOUCHED that tight, hard body!" - Miss MacPhisto

i'm single, too. but it's not so bad because most of my close friends are single as well, and we're all going out on V-day. plus, i live in New York, where it's completely normal to be single. and my roommate just broke up with her boyfriend yesterday- seeing her go through that emotional turmoil reminded me that there can be a downside to having a significant other.

now, don't get me wrong, i am completely open to the idea of having a boyfriend. but i'm pretty happy being on my own, too! *shrugs*

Single. It's ummm, interesting. Haven't done it in awhile.... Uhhhh yeah. Well skanks hit on me. Do skanks count? The evil frat boys yell stuff about my boobs at me. There's this skanky gutter punk who stalks me at Belmont. Oh fuck this, I'm going to Europe.

mad.gif
GAO to it all.

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

http://www.iloveham.com/

Originally posted by Diemen:
Single for yet another valentines day. I'm trying to decide if it's even worth it to get up and try again anytime soon.

You doing OK there bud? You haven't been sounding too cheerful lately...

------------------
Such a nice day
Let it go...

It's actually "Ah, look at all the lonely people." Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

*ducks under desk so LMPOPAngel won't hit me*

Valentine, shmalentine. If a boyfriend of mine acknowledges VD Day, it is grounds for breaking up (ok, I'd put him on probation first) because clearly we have no future together. I want to love and be loved everyday, not just when the corporate world says I should.

Sorry, but I hate VD Day both when I have a boyfriend and when I don't. It's just hideous and makes single people feel bad about themselves. You know what's worse than being alone and lonely? Being WITH someone and still feeling lonely. Now that blows.

So, chin up everybody. I say do something special for yourself, or perhaps a random act of kindness for another, instead of feeling blue.

[edit] Ok, I went back and actually read this thread and I'm happy to see that so many of the singles are actually quite content with it. I'm loving it myself these days.

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 02-13-2002).]

I have an exam on Valentine's Day.
Boo-hoo, better go study.

------------------
Such a nice day
Let it go...

Still single, but I've got a date for tomorrow night. No pity party for me! Whoooopee. Sorry, I didn't know where else to go to say that.

I doubt I'll even remember it's V-day tomorrow. Honestly, it's that lame of a holiday. *yawn*

My big plans are to watch the finals of the Men's Figure Skating in the Olympics! Lots of good looking, athletic guys jumping and racing around the ice to impress you. What more could a girl want?
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom