I like Jar Jar Binks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
does anyone else? I find him amusing and a nice diversion of humor in the movie.

Does anyone else like him?

------------------
And I feel like I'm slowly slowly slowly slipping under.

And I feel like I'm holding onto nothing.

ADAM (talking about Elevation):
"I like it, it's very hard to play live...(starts smiling) I don't understand what it's about, it's good."

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
That figures that you'd like him, I can't stand either one of you.

Dang you're mean
mad.gif

Nah, you're just grumpy.

On a more serious note, I'm glad you didn't get caught in those tornadoes.

I don't like Jar Jar Binks and was very disappointed in Lucas with Episode I.
After I saw the title for Episode II, I cringed and braced myself.

I don't want or need "on purpose" humour in the series other than the humour that comes naturally from witty characters (not Jar Jar) and bad writing.

Just my .o2... it's all subjective anyway.

I liked Episode I and didn't really understand why so many people claimed to despise it. (I mean, it had Liam Neeson!
biggrin.gif
) But I didn't care for Jar Jar at all. Although...I liked him better when I saw the movie the second time because I could understand more of what he was saying! But I still didn't like him a lot.

------------------
One day we'd reach the great ocean
At the end of a pale afternoon
And we'd lay down our heads just like we were sleeping
And be towed by the drag of the moon

-Sting

Originally posted by popkidu2:
Dang you're mean
mad.gif

Nah, you're just grumpy.

On a more serious note, I'm glad you didn't get caught in those tornadoes.

Yeah I'm mean.
smile.gif

But no tornados for me, we just had a bunch of sleet and snow last night. The roads suck now.

Originally posted by Pate20:
Jar Jar Binks simply sucks. They took him into the movie to win children as new StarWars-Fans.
Newsflash - they're "family" (i.e. kiddie) movies!

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
But no tornados for me, we just had a bunch of sleet and snow last night. The roads suck now.

Wow. And it's 75 degrees here.

Regarding Jar Jar, I recall Joe Swallow not liking him about a year ago. As for me, take him or leave him. I bought the Episode I DVD over the weekend for my wife to give me for Christmas, and thus didn't watch it on FOX or whatever the other night (I want to build up the anticipation).

Before any more of you go on attacking Jar Jar, please remember that he will probably be killed in Episode II or III, as we all know he is not in Episodes IV - VI. Consider what you say about him with that in mind.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by U2Bama:
Wow. And it's 75 degrees here.

Regarding Jar Jar, I recall Joe Swallow not liking him about a year ago. As for me, take him or leave him. I bought the Episode I DVD over the weekend for my wife to give me for Christmas, and thus didn't watch it on FOX or whatever the other night (I want to build up the anticipation).

Before any more of you go on attacking Jar Jar, please remember that he will probably be killed in Episode II or III, as we all know he is not in Episodes IV - VI. Consider what you say about him with that in mind.

~U2Alabama

don't worry , Jar jar probably will be in original trilogy , you see by his own words and rumours , Lucas decided to shoot additional footage , to connect 1-3 and 4-6 parts

Of course I'm gonna post in this thread.

I like Jar Jar. Always have.

A lot of people don't understand and appreciate the character, and that's why he's always gotten such a bum rap.

Just so you know, Jar Jar will have grown a lot by AOTC, and there won't be quite so much of him. And, yes, he has appeared in all the trailers.

Back
Top Bottom