i know this DESCRIBE will do me no good. . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VP - I'll try again sometime then :)

bono_212 - that's a crazy story! But at least you go to enjoy the show in the end :)

Bono, I remember reading about what happened to your mom - maybe in the Cleveland thread, or something? I'm so sorry that had to happen to you both! :(

So she was okay, it was just the cold weather?

Our Detroit shows were Oct 24th and 25, and I nearly froze those days! The arena is out in the open, in the middle of nowhere, and it was cold, and really windy. I discovered on that trip that I'm not cut out for frigid GA lines. :reject:

Oh yeah, I also smacked up my car to the tune of $5,000 in Detroit. :| But the shows were amazing. :lol:

bono_212 - You'll get your Bono moment one day :yes:

I was in the ellipse in Buffalo, but I couldn't get him to touch me :madwife: Then again, he's spastic, running all over the place..:lol:

Maybe this isn't the best time to bring this up, but I met Bono, Edge and Larry in Toronto, and got a huge Bono hug. They also signed this print for me that my daughter got me for my birthday, and Bono signed my Bono:In Conversation, as well. :reject: I saw them in Chicago, too, but it was really crowded (I was at the other side of the arena you referred to in your essay, Bono_212), and I didn't try to meet him, just stood back and watched in awe.

ok john sorry for all the b-man talk...

Sooooooo what's the deal with this Aslan group, because all I can think of when I hear their name is a big fuzzy lion that sounds a lot like one of my favorite actors

kafrun said:
VP - Huge Bono hug? :faint:

It was the coolest thing ever! I read enough about them to sort of be aware of their habits. :shifty: and I know that when they start the new leg of a tour (as they did in Toronto), they always play one night, have a day off which they use to rehearse and work out any bugs, and then they play the next night. Soooo, I just hung around the ACC on their off day. :) Meeting Larry was a total shock, he's hard to meet, and there were only about 7 or 8 of us out there at the time! Bono drove up an hour or so later and said he was running late, and that he would be out to meet us after rehearsal. So, we hung around at the inner doors and listened the the rehearsal (heard them rehearse Discotheque and Mofo), then went back outside. He came up about an hour later. By then there were maybe 20 or 30 people?? Few enough that he took his time walking down the line, spent a few minutes with each person. It was amazing. :) He is SO sweet, and generous with his time. A few minutes after I met B, I also met Edge, but I was still in shock from meeting B, so I barely remember poor Edge. :lol:

Night Weldy :hug:

Last edited:
^^^ Aslan, they are me second favourtie band, who I can't stop listening to at the moemnt

and yes they do look like lions

2005_1230abbey0077.JPG

^^ night :wave:

I wish I had known about this place for Chicago...I'm possitive I would've met Bono...cause I would've known what time to have shown up....

kafrun, save your pennies, the PGP girls are going all out next time. :wink: I'm really excited for next tour - some of the ones who were too young to travel this time will be able to next tour. It'll be a lot of fun. :)

bono_212 said:
I wish I had known about this place for Chicago...I'm possitive I would've met Bono...cause I would've known what time to have shown up....

Not necessarily. Outside the United Center, it was so crowded that the odds of actually meeting him or getting anything signed were very slim. Some of the girls I was travelling with had been out there for hours, and they didn't even get close to him. They had come from England, and were very disapointed. :( Toronto was just a really great bunch of luck. Because it was an off day, not many people were there.

I'm hoping now that it's being resheduled I might actually be able to save the money to see them in hawaii, (not trying to sound selfish there)

VintagePunk said:

Not necessarily. Outside the United Center, it was so crowded that the odds of actually meeting him or getting anything signed were very slim. Some of the girls I was travelling with had been out there for hours, and they didn't even get close to him. They had come from England, and were very disapointed. :( Toronto was just a really great bunch of luck. Because it was an off day, not many people were there.

ok then maybe I don't feel THAT bad

kafrun i'm gonna post the new gifs in the gif thread aight?

^ Me too. Hawaii was supposed to be a 25th birthday present for me, but oh well :sigh: It might happen.. hopefully whoever's sick will be ok :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom