I knew I would finally catch something with my lifestyle...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*BOOMCHAA!*

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
and I mean a computer virus.
I get this little box that pops up and says it has to shut down my Internet Explorer.
help?
anyone?
I'll love you a long time:wink:
but seriously, I'd appreciate it!!

might be spyware. download and run adaware from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/ if you don't have it. then scan for viruses. if you don't have your virus definitions updated, do so before you scan. if you don't have an antivirus software, get one. AVG is a good free one that i use.

*BOOMCHAA!* said:
and I mean a computer virus.
I get this little box that pops up and says it has to shut down my Internet Explorer.

Is Microsoft XPing in your computer? I had a similar problem a while back where XP was letting viruses in and shutting down Internet Explorer everything I logged on. Theres a patch you can download to stop it. There is also a nasty virus going around today. I agree with Abel re downloading some spyware AND AVG (www.grisoft.com) if you dont have anything similar.

i get that box every onvce in a while. that little gray one with the yellow ! triangle that says internet explorer must be shut down, press ok, check with your network or whatever if problem persists?

is that the one?

i figure it might just be cos my computer is supremly fucked, but i think it just comes and goes. i mean it might show up about 8 or 9 times one day, and i won't see it again for months.

this morning some site was acting up and i kept getting that box, but it hadn't shown up in ages...

if this isn't what you mean...then i've just been a huge waste of time, haven't i? :up:

Back
Top Bottom