I just bought Sgt. Peppers and Abbey Road...thoughts, rants, raves?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
I've yet to listen to them but I've read a bit about them. I expect good things.

------------------
This post brought to you by: Medea. "And women, though most helpless in doing good deeds, are of every evil the cleverest of contrivers."

AIM: JuanSwallow

Sgt. Peppers is a great album if, for no other reason, its significance. It changed the rock album from a simple collection of songs to an art form.

I don't have Abbey Road, but I hear it's good.

Of the two I will always prefer Sgt. Pepper's. Awesome! No one can listen and not love it. But hell, I can't say anything that hasn't already been said.

------------------
"All right I'll eat your- eat your shorts?!!"

The only Beatles album I own is Sgt. Pepper, as a friend recommended I buy it. I love it though. I think it's great!

------------------
PLEBA: It's Just A Stinkin' Forum!!!!!!! Yeesh!!!!!!!

I have both of those on vinyl. Hafta say Sgt. Peppers slightly edges out Abbey Road, but they're both amazing.

------------------
The King has spoken!

PLEBA- You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. :)

Tpyos skcu

Two of the best albums of all time. The sound collage that makes up the second half of Abbey Road is amazing. The only flaw on Sgt. Pepper is 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds,' but that's just a personal dislike of the song.

Damn, the Beatles were a great band.

------------------
They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

Back
Top Bottom