I heart Martha (and hope she doesn't mind me doing this)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~LadyLemon~

I Serve Larry's Stick
I love Martha, I really do. And I love her even more after discovering a 1983 Readers’ Poll from Creem magazine that she never mailed in. I have this big stack of older magazines from Martha: Creem, Rolling Stone, Musician, Record Review. All issues that well, being born in 1980, I never had the chance to read. A lot of them contain articles on some of my favorite bands and musicians from “back in the day”. But somehow when I first thumbed through the issues of Creem, I must have missed this readers poll. Are therein lie a few more reasons why I love Martha:

Top 3 Albums
U2 – War
X – New World
Ramones – Sub Jungle

Top 2 Singles
“Breathless” – X
“New Year’s Day” – U2

Top 3 Live Groups
Eric Clapton
U2
Ramones

Biggest Disappointment of the Year
No new Springsteen album

Hero(ine) of the Year
Mick Jones

Ripoff of the Year
Police Stadium tour

Most Pathetic of the Year
Boy George

Fad of the Year
Boy George Look (yuk)

Sex Object of the Year
Simon Le Bon

Best Tour
Asia – CANCELLED! :lmao:

How many concerts did you attend in 1983?

How many LPs/Tapes did you buy in 1983?
45 +

:heart:

You are SOOO Cool Martha!! :rockon: :bow:

(Simon Le Bon was kind of hot back then!!)

Ripoff of the Year
Police Stadium tour

:eyebrow:

Creem sounds like one of those magazines where the readers or the writers hate anything that becomes massively popular.

Rolling Stones readers voted the Police the band of the year by a significant margin.

STING2 said:
Ripoff of the Year
Police Stadium tour

:eyebrow:

Creem sounds like one of those magazines where the readers or the writers hate anything that becomes massively popular.

Rolling Stones readers voted the Police the band of the year by a significant margin.
are you for real???

are you really going to come down on someone for an OPINION that they wrote in a magazine over 20 YEARS ago???!

sheesh. :rolleyes:

martha rox my sox!! AND she's a teacher! :heart:

DeadMansParty said:
I got to hug Martha the other night!

*extremely jealous*
:faint:

And Martha has seen so many cool artists in concert she may say everything about them she wants to say.
:yes:

I was in love with Simon back then too. I don't know why. When I look at old pictures of Duran Duran now, it's so apparent that John was the real hottie.

I never got to see the Police live before they broke up, so I would gladly have settled for seeing them in a stadium even though I hate stadium shows on principle.

And I agree that War was THE best album of 1983 - even better than Synchronicity.

lmjhitman said:

are you for real???

are you really going to come down on someone for an OPINION that they wrote in a magazine over 20 YEARS ago???!

sheesh. :rolleyes:

martha rox my sox!! AND she's a teacher! :heart:

I misread the original post. I thought that was the official readers poll results at creem magazine, I did not catch the fact that it was only Martha's. Calm down. :wink:

phanan said:

As if Rolling Stone magazine is any different...

Rolling Stone magazine actually has not done so bad when it comes to its music critics polls and readers polls, and they have none done too terrible when it comes to album reviews.

martha said:

That was my vote. They sucked at the stadiums; they were much better indoors.

What is your opinion about stadiums in general, for concerts?:wink:

What did you think of U2 in stadiums compared to indoors?

Sorry about the mix up. I thought that was the collective opinion of the readers of Creem Magazine, not just your vote.

Back
Top Bottom