I Hate Tom Cruise Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe with the brief relationship-turning-into-marriage-before-I-finish-this-sentence with Katie, the jumping up and down on couches, the laughing and excited interviews, the outrageous and irresponsible and quite ridiculous views on depression and drugs, the way he ungracefully attacked Brooke Shields- publicly, has me worried.
Get Tom back on his medications. Like now. He is beginning to worry me.

kellyahern said:

True, but I'm just a little worried that some naive people out there might believe he's right when he says you can cure depression or mental illness "by exercise and vitamins." :rolleyes:

From a WebMD article:

Last weekend, psychoanalyst Mark I. Levy, MD, got an email from a former patient. The patient said her 20-something daughter -- on medication for bipolar disorder -- saw the Cruise interview. Levy is a psychoanalyst, a forensic psychiatrist, and an assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco.

"This was tremendously destructive. All the daughter needed to hear was that her medicines are poisoning her brain; that this is part of a psychiatrist conspiracy -- and she went off her medications," Levy tells WebMD. "Some 15% of people with untreated bipolar depression die of suicide. It is a medical condition with a high risk of death. And, in addition to suicide, bipolar patients who launch into mania can act in very self-destructive ways. This is one specific application where psychiatric medication is critically important."

I hate Tom Cruise because he is so hot.

No man should be that hot-looking. It's just not fair. I look at Tom Cruise and whatever low self-esteem that I have becomes non-existent.

:wink:

We live in a shallow world. It doen't matter if you have a great personality, a sense of humor or a kind heart. If you're ugly, nobody likes you. I am living proof of that.

kellyahern said:

From a WebMD article:

Last weekend, psychoanalyst Mark I. Levy, MD, got an email from a former patient. The patient said her 20-something daughter -- on medication for bipolar disorder -- saw the Cruise interview. Levy is a psychoanalyst, a forensic psychiatrist, and an assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco.

"This was tremendously destructive. All the daughter needed to hear was that her medicines are poisoning her brain; that this is part of a psychiatrist conspiracy -- and she went off her medications," Levy tells WebMD. "Some 15% of people with untreated bipolar depression die of suicide. It is a medical condition with a high risk of death. And, in addition to suicide, bipolar patients who launch into mania can act in very self-destructive ways. This is one specific application where psychiatric medication is critically important."

This is something I don't need to share with anyone, but I will just to prove this point, because probably there aren't too many people with personal experiences about this.

My cousin had bi-polar disorder and was on medication. He stopped taking it and soon after killed himself.

Now that took alot for me to even type out. It's still one of the worst things that ever happened to my family. I am not an expert on psychiatry or mental disorders, but I know that medication can help depending on the individual.

Tom Cruise is irresponsible for making his comments, at least. At most, he is a complete idiot, a high school drop out (did you know that?) and a flake for following scientology, a "religion" whose basis is that humans are plagued by the souls of dead aliens that invaded the earth 75 million years ago.

Tom, go away. You're glib.

JOFO said:

Tom, go away. You're glib.

Do you think dropout Tom even knows what glib means? He's called the guy who squirted him with water a jerk, matt lauer glib, what's next?...poo poo head?

For the record, can we agree that having a high school diploma is not necessarily a measure of one's intelligence?

Tom Cruise is an annoying flakey asshat in his own right, with or without a high school diploma. :wink:

corianderstem said:
For the record, can we agree that having a high school diploma is not necessarily a measure of one's intelligence?

Tom Cruise is an annoying flakey asshat in his own right, with or without a high school diploma. :wink:

well, that's true.

certainly, no degree or diploma or doctorate actually qualifies you as an intelligent human being.

Back
Top Bottom