I Hate the Dave Matthews Band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zoney, Digi, Heartland Girl, pax, joyful girl - I hate you. :mad:

:wink:

But seriously, thank you for saying what you did. I am in complete agreement. :up:

randhail said:
I particularly enjoyed when their tour bus dumped poop on people in Chicago last summer.

By the way, the bus driver admitted guilt and was fired by the band immediately. The band obviously was not involved in the incident and has since donated $50,000 to the Friends of the Chicago River and $50,000 to the Chicago Park District.

joyfulgirl said:

By the way, the bus driver admitted guilt and was fired by the band immediately. The band obviously was not involved in the incident and has since donated $50,000 to the Friends of the Chicago River and $50,000 to the Chicago Park District.

I know the band technically wasn't directly involved, but it was their poop.

well I'm guessing Boyd can probably drop some really sick dueces.

Forgive me for not delving deep in my posts here, I just enjoy the poop story and can blame from freshman year roommate for my anti-DMB stance. I'll go stand in the corner now.

Last edited:
i guess i can understand the dislikeness for DMB, where i went to college no one ever mentioned DMB or played their music but just about everyone and their mother had Bob Marley and i cant stand Bob marley whatsoever because of that:mad:

DiGi said:

My response had to do only with the unitelligent post that you made to start this thread. If you do not like them, thats great. No one said you had to. I certainly do not like Britney Spears, but I do not start threads titled I hate Britney because she has a big fake set of tata's. An argument which would parallel the complete foolishness of your opening argument below.

"Dave Matthews has the most boring voice ever. Just one line from American Baby is stuck in my head! I can't stand it, I hate this song and the band!!!!!!! "

Well thought out and informed. If I needed a trial lawyer I would hire you for the sheer brilliance in your argument. Maybe you could instead tell us about a band that few of us have heard of so we could listen to something new.

I wasn't trying to scientifically prove DMB sucks. I was just stating my opinion. When I started this thread, I was speaking of the moment, because at that time, I was really sick of that song and the band. So let be clear, I am not saying that just because I hate DMB, everyone else has to.

Also, to comment on pax's post...I never said I hate Dave Matthews or any of his band members personally. When I said I hate DMB, I was talking about them as a band.

Infinitum98 said:

I wasn't trying to scientifically prove DMB sucks. I was just stating my opinion. When I started this thread, I was speaking of the moment, because at that time, I was really sick of that song and the band. So let be clear, I am not saying that just because I hate DMB, everyone else has to.

Also, to comment on pax's post...I never said I hate Dave Matthews or any of his band members personally. When I said I hate DMB, I was talking about them as a band.

Exactly! Certain 'forum elders' here... :rolleyes: are reading way too much into the original post. When was there ever talk of hating them as human beings? :huh: It's really the term 'hate' I think that's rubbing people the wrong way. 'Dislike' is a better word. But again, it's all in fun! (as long as the thread stays within limits of course) Geez.. stop taking this forum so seriously! Have fun, avoid the threads you don't like and bump up the threads you do! To the people protesting this thread: You can't honestly expect us to believe that there is no band/singer out there that doesn't get to you either thru the radio, TV, friends or any other medium. For the record, I don't dislike DMB. In fact I like Ants Marching... reminds me of 1994. :wink:

elevation2u said:
i guess i can understand the dislikeness for DMB, where i went to college no one ever mentioned DMB or played their music but just about everyone and their mother had Bob Marley and i cant stand Bob marley whatsoever because of that:mad:
awesome, i LOATHE bob marley! <runs to start new thread>

pax said:
I went to see DMB last night.

They were :hyper: and :rockon: and :drool:.

:up:

Cool! I am seeing them Saturday in Hershey.

I am excited but not as much as in the past. This will be my 6th show. I was introduced to them around '93-'94 when Remember Two Things came out.

I think their recent material as a whole is subpar compared to Under the Table, Crash, and Crowded streets. Everyday/Busted stuff has a bunch of songs I like (grey street :drool: ), but Some Devil and the new album Stand Up haven't rubbed me the right way...

... and I really don't like American Baby or Stand Up (the song).

All these "XXXXXX band sucks!" threads are overly subjective anyways.

Do we have a "Everyone excluding U2 sucks!" thread yet?

There are plenty of bands I don't like, or think are vastly overrated... I just don't see the point of starting a bashing thread about them.

Peace

VertigoGal said:
I don't have time to read this thread, but I'd just like to register my hate for the Dave Matthews Band. :wave:

especially that new song:mad:

Okay then... trust me, you don't wanna read the rest of this thread! :lol:

By the way, any more m&m adventures? :wink:

I'm just intrigued by the "forum elders" thing

sometimes I think I came to this forum in its decadence

Back
Top Bottom