I had no idea Aimee Mann sings that background vocal on "Time Stands Still" by Rush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zoomerang96 said:
rush are truly canada's most hysterical band.

honestly, as much as nickelback get blasted by people, i'm pretty sure more people make fun of rush.
:lol: :up:

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I don't understand why everyone always makes fun of them. Sure they have some different lyrics and whatnot, but so - I think its fun and interesting.

Plus, they are master musicians and as far as I'm concerned a class act who haven't comprimised despite the heaps of criticism they get.

no spoken words,

YES, Marathon live, is in fact the exact version I was thinking of.
It's from the live album from around 86-88. Exit Stage Left , maybe? That's the version I really love.

rushu2 said:
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I don't understand why everyone always makes fun of them.

I think it's Geddy Lee's voice. I'm really a vocal guy, largely. I usually dig just about anything with a good singer, detest most anything with a crap singer, yet find myself liking Rush quite a bit, most predominantly 1976-1981 (2112 thru Moving Pictures)

They have some GREAT musical albums anyhow.
Geddy isn't very prominent on 'Hemispheres', for starters.
Anyone who likes 2112-esque Rush and hasn't heard 'Hemispheres' should at least give it a try.
To a lesser extent, Farewell to Kings, which has some great music but Geddy hits some anti-testicular ungodly screeches.

My 3 favorite Rush albums are Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves and Hemispheres. Those I defintely endorse.

Feck me.

My 80's Rush disc:

Subdivisions
The Analog Kid
New World Man
The Spirit Of Radio
Freewill
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
Limelight
Distant Early Warning
Afterimage
Kid Gloves
The Big Money
Marathon
Grand Designs
Force Ten
Time Stand Still
Prime Mover
The Pass
War Paint
Hand Over Fist

is too long for 1 disc. I need to trim 20 minutes or so. But how?

Normally when I do Rush compilations, I keep Presto out of the 80's one and include it with the albums that immediately followed it (Roll The Bones, Test For Echo, etc.). Works very well, and with Presto, they changed labels and kind of went back to more of an early 80's rock sound.

That's my suggestion. You should be able to work it out that way, or at least help you trim it down.

I love Rush. As a Canadian, I don't see them as a national embarrassment at all! More like national treasures! Seriously, they're right up there with the beaver, politeness, and Wayne Gretzky. I don't think they've ever played in my neck of the woods, but if they did, I'd get tickets in a heartbeat...maybe faster.

Roll the Bones is my favourite album, and this just might be my favourite song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdQYk50Ku88&feature=related :rockon:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom