I got my new IPod today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I ordered it last week but it came today. IPod Video, 30GB, Black. And all I can say is...it is FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!

The music sounds better than ever!

The album art/photos are bright and detailed and beautiful and the screen is bigger and wider and better!

I don't know if this was available on the IPod Photos, but you can now save your on-the-go playlists!

As for the video....I loaded my .mov of the U2 IPod ad onto it, and it played beautifully!

My ownly complaints are that for whatever reason, you now HAVE to use USB to transfer files, Firewire doesn't work anymore with these IPods, and that that dock adaptor included in the box is a piece of plastic that doesn't even cover the G3/G4 docks completely. Might as well get the newer dock if you want a dock.

Other than that, this is a totally awesome IPod :drool:

nice! I want one, meanwhile I'm happy with my nano

I have a question, how do you download album art to your iPod?

You do it in ITunes. Let's say you want to put the AB cover on the 12 AB tracks...

1.In ITunes, go to Edit->Show Artwork - a box for artwork will appear in the bottom left hand corner of ITunes.

2.Highlight the 12 AB tracks in your music library.

2.Find a good AB cover image on the net.

3.Click and drag that AB cover image into ITunes into the Artwork box in the bottom left-hand corner.

4.It'll attatch that image to all 12 AB tracks. That's all there is to it. Just load the tracks onto your IPod like normal and when you listen to them, the artwork will be there. You can do this for any track(s) in your library.

Last edited:
I drool all over myself for a new video ipod but I fear I can't afford it at the moment. My pink mini is fantastic and has never given me problems :knockonwood:

But I looooong for a colour screen with prettiness :drool:

namkcuR said:
I ordered it last week but it came today. IPod Video, 30GB, Black. And all I can say is...it is FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!

The music sounds better than ever!

The album art/photos are bright and detailed and beautiful and the screen is bigger and wider and better!

I don't know if this was available on the IPod Photos, but you can now save your on-the-go playlists!

As for the video....I loaded my .mov of the U2 IPod ad onto it, and it played beautifully!

My ownly complaints are that for whatever reason, you now HAVE to use USB to transfer files, Firewire doesn't work anymore with these IPods, and that that dock adaptor included in the box is a piece of plastic that doesn't even cover the G3/G4 docks completely. Might as well get the newer dock if you want a dock.

Other than that, this is a totally awesome IPod :drool:

I want it :scream:

I'm glad you are enjoying yours

I saw my son's new iPod last night, it is sleek sexy and beautiful. He had an Eminem video and tons of music. He downloads with some free s/w off the internet for free. He said he would hook me up when I get my iPod and show me how to download stuff for free.

Too bad iTunes won't let me add any of the videos off my computer.

namkcuR said:
You do it in ITunes. Let's say you want to put the AB cover on the 12 AB tracks...

1.In ITunes, go to Edit->Show Artwork - a box for artwork will appear in the bottom left hand corner of ITunes.

3.Click and drag that AB cover image into ITunes into the Artwork box in the bottom left-hand corner.

4.It'll attatch that image to all 12 AB tracks. That's all there is to it. Just load the tracks onto your IPod like normal and when you listen to them, the artwork will be there. You can do this for any track(s) in your library.

I got my iPod (yay!) only a few weeks ago and I'm still new at this, so you're saving me a looooot of time with this explanation, thanks a lot!! :up:

inmyplace13 said:
Too bad iTunes won't let me add any of the videos off my computer.

.mp4 and .mov are the main formats the IPod will play, I think. Any you have can be converted .mov.

And, you know, you can take any DVD you have and put the whole thing(or just the part of it you want) on your IPod and watch it.

namkcuR said:

My iTunes used to do that and I loved it. Now a song HAS to be playing in order to add the artwork.

Any way I can switch back and have it work the way you just described?

You know this kind of video technology has already been out for years and years on products that have more gigs for a better price, right?

Hey Rucky, I've got a nugget of gold for you.

www . podtropolis . com

It's a torrent site that exclusively shares videos that are formatted for the new ipods. Thought you might enjoy that.

Back
Top Bottom