I gave up, but now I'm back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Who have you given up on, but have rediscovered, and now cannot stop listening to them?

I am very emotionally attached to the early 1990's.

Having said that, I was a huge Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and Soundgarden fan. I still listen to Nirvana, I love Audioslave, but I left Pearl Jam behind when Vitology came out.

I am now listening to a couple of bootlegs from the past tour, and I am once again a follower. By writing them off I missed songs like Present Tense, In My Tree plus who knows how many more...

Seeing how bad music is today, I am thinking about going back into my collection and seeing what else I should re-discover...

I often go back to find new music. Today's music is so bad you have to rely on the past. I've fallen in love w/ REM again, after years of avoiding them. That New Adventures in HiFi album is a rocker.

i'm listening to nirvana right now.
also, i picked up the best of INXS last week and that was fun.
later today i'm going to rediscover smashing pumpkins.

bonosgirl84 said:

also, i picked up the best of INXS last week and that was fun.

:up: INXS. I just bought a new copy of Kick a while ago.

Iron Maiden has to be the band I left behind and now I'm obsessed with them again. They kick some major ass :yes:

you should have never "given up" on Pearl Jam to begin with. :shame:
Oh the joys you've missed out on...
But you can always catch up :sexywink:
Yep. Pearl Jam will do that to ya. :)

I wouldn't say I've given up on these bands, but I had to take a break from them. Lately I'm back into and all over:

Depeche Mode
The Police
R.E.M. (especially the old stuff)
U2 (slowly, as I start to get excited about a new album)

What's with the whole 'today's music is so bad' thing? 'Today's music' was always bad, but there is always good music if you are willing to look for it.

Having said that, I consider Vitalogy to be Pearl Jam's best album. And I have recently discovered the Smiths for the first time.

I've been anti U2 for a while now and am really wanting to hear AB and Pop, but both have been misplaced. The absence is making me more keen to hear them.
The 90's had many great bands. I'm actually listening to a lot of Aus rock from the late 80's-early 90's. I found Boom Crash Opera 'These Here Are Crazy Times' the other day and while not being an album anyone would listen to regularly, it is still nice to hear once every couple of years.

I'd be happy finding one style I can like without getting tired of it before its even started.

i don't think i've really been listening to music long enough, or am old enough, to do this.

i could go home and put on a beatles album though. i haven't really listened to them much in the past 4 years :silent:

Iron Maiden has to be the band I left behind and now I'm obsessed with them again. They kick some major ass

just as long as you don't go back to kiss, arw ;)

Back
Top Bottom