I found something awesome in K-Mart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
I was in the home entertainment section of this terrible dept. store just browsing the DVD boxes for something cool. There were soooo many terrible obscure, or downright bad movie in there, but most of them were cheap, so I persisted.

I did come across one gem, however. It was a Raising Arizona/Fargo Double feature DVD collection for 14 bucks. I can't describe how happy that made me. So I snatched that sucker right up along with Spiderman 2.1 and hit the road.

:up: Successful day if I do say so myself.

I read the title and thought "did you find U2 launching an album there?"

Sorry, that line is so 1997.

I liked Raising Arizona but it's been ages since I watched it. Anyway, good for you... value purchase! :up:

There was a Lost in Translation / Broken Flowers DVD set for 10 bucks at Sam's I almost picked up, but Raising Arizona / Fargo wins. :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:
There was a Lost in Translation / Broken Flowers DVD set for 10 bucks at Sam's I almost picked up, but Raising Arizona / Fargo wins. :up:

I've seen that. Too bad Broken Flowers is so bad that it actually brings down the quality of LIT by association.

If by Pop you mean Nicholas Cage running through a suburban town carrying a stolan pack of Huggies with stockings over his face...

Then yes, you're correct.

Lancemc said:

I've seen that. Too bad Broken Flowers is so bad that it actually brings down the quality of LIT by association.

Broken Flowers = bad
Titanic = masterpiece

okay, you lost any movie credentials
how can you honestly say that Broken Flowers is bad?!?! It's certainly not my favorite Jarmusch movie but nonetheless is fantastic in its low key way. It's funny as fuck, quiet, stylistic and plain awesome. One of my favorite movies, I still remember how satisfied I left the theater on the day it came out. We drove across town to the independent cinema, got stuck in mad traffic and it was all worth it.

elevation2u said:

okay, you lost any movie credentials

Even if we pretended this made sense...

...you're still acting like a snob.

You lose.

how can you honestly say that Broken Flowers is bad?!?! It's certainly not my favorite Jarmusch movie but nonetheless is fantastic in its low key way. It's funny as fuck, quiet, stylistic and plain awesome. One of my favorite movies, I still remember how satisfied I left the theater on the day it came out. We drove across town to the independent cinema, got stuck in mad traffic and it was all worth it.

I'm farrr] from the only person who disliked that movie. In fact I've yet to meet a single person who actually has liked it.

Canadiens1160 said:
Is that Morgan Spurlock in your signature, Lance?

Cameron actually.

But holy crap, it really does look like him though. Good call.

Hey someone mentioned Lost in Translation :drool: This thread is now about Mr. Bob Harlis :drool:

Lip my stockings.
Lip them!

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time.

bill-murray-original.jpg

Yeah I found that DVD set at Target for $9.99, awesome deal even better than used prices.

Lancemc said:

I'm farrr] from the only person who disliked that movie. In fact I've yet to meet a single person who actually has liked it.

Hi, Lancemc, I'm jobob. I actually liked Broken Flowers. Nice to meet you. :wink:

powerhour24 said:
Yeah I found that DVD set at Target for $9.99, awesome deal even better than used prices.

Yet another reason for me to love Target.

and yes, Kmart still exists.

I for one also thoroughly enjoyed Broken Flowers, particularly Jeffery Wright's part.

I picked up Lost in Translation yesterday in a Buy 3, Get 1 Free used deal along with Almost Famous, Saving Private Ryan, and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factor for only 22 bucks.

I call that a deal :up:

I just got the run-of-the-mill DVD release, it was cheaper.

I hate that though, buying one DVD only to find out there's a ultra-super-mega-better edition out there.

Back
Top Bottom