i demand that you begin using the queen's english

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
mods, feel free to sicky this.

i've decided that i'm demanding that all posters use the queen's english when posting or replying, if they don't already.

i demand that moderators remove all words that do not fall in line with this NewSpeak, and hand out aggressively worded threats to those who do not immediately comply.

there will be no voices of disapproval. there will be approval.

Thou all hast it wronge.

Shouldst thou not use His Royal Highness King James' English, rather than the vulgarity of thy trollope whom thou callest "queene"?

Tudors, yea, for thy win, verily.

corianderstem said:
I demand that you start making even a lick of sense.
This post made me smile :)

But here's my two cents, let's be super annoying and use this thing:

http://ssshotaru.homestead.com/files/aolertranslator.html

My friends and I started translating the bible with it once :lol:

This was fun too though:

I WANT 2 RUN
I WANT 2 HIED
I WANT 2 TAAR DOWN DA WALS TAHT HOLD MA INSIED
I WANT 2 REACH OUT AND 2UCH TEH FLME
WHARA TEH STRETS HAEV NO NM3

I agree with Zoomerang96 on this one, not surprisingly as I am him.

Between the dreaded American form of spelling (color, mom, etc) and the infiltration of text-speak, I am sorry to say that the standard of written communications is slipping around here.

If one of my friends rang me up and said 'r u comin 2 the party?', I would beat the living shit out of him. There is no virtue in lax
use of language.

Furthermore, in support of this new drive to reinstate the proper British English usage at this forum, I invite you all to start addressing the starter of this thread as:

Zoomerang Ninety-six

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Using that, I changed a coherent and well-thought-out response into this:

I BLEIVE TAHT U HAEV A VALID POINT AND U SPOKA IT COERENTLEY!1!1!!!11 OMG WTF LOL UNFORTUNAETLEY I CANOT COMPL3T3LEY AGRE ON TEH MERITS OF SUCH A DEMAND!!!1!11 WTF IT SI GOD ON OCASION 2 B ABL3 2 UES INTARNET SPECH FOR COM3DIC PURPOSAS WHEN DA MOMANT CALS FOR IT!111!11! WTF LOL BYOND TAHT 2 RASTRICT FELOW MEMBRS IN SUCH A WAY WUD TEAR TEH V3RY FABRIC OF OUR INTERNET COMUNITY!111!1 WTF LOL PLZ UND3RSTAND AND KNOW TAHT IM ONLEY LOKNG OUT FOR DA GRE8R GOD OF INTERFARENC3

SINC3RALEY

LEMONMELON!1!!!!111 WTF

ElementsOfStyle.jpg

the queen can kiss my arse. or alternatively she can get her arse over here and write me a 2500 word essay on our constitution and why we're still attached at the hip to britain, despite the australia act and the statute of westminster.

:madspit:

Kieran McConville said:

If one of my friends rang me up and said 'r u comin 2 the party?', I would beat the living shit out of him. There is no virtue in lax
use of language.

I don't know whether it's your random new line in this, or the fact that spoken English doesn't differentiate between writing methods thereby voiding this post, which makes me laugh internally. There is also no such thing as 'living shit', but now I'm just getting pedantic.

I do agree that there is no
virtue in lax use of language.

U GUYS R SO COOLLLL!!!11 OMG WTF LOL O MAH GOSH I LUV BONE-O AND DA DUDE WIT TEH HAT!!1!11!11!1!111!111111 WTF LOL M I ALOW3D 2 JOIN THES SIET?!??!?! OMG LOL DO U GUYS LIEK SUJA BOY??!?????? OMG WTF CRANK TAHT SI TEH BST SONG EVER!!!!1!1!!11!111!1!1!!!1!1!!111!!1111111!1!! OMG WHO AGRES?!!??!? LOLOLOLOLOLO!!!11!1!!111!!!1!!1!!! WTF

U2isthebest said:
U GUYS R SO COOLLLL!!!11 OMG WTF LOL O MAH GOSH I LUV BONE-O AND DA DUDE WIT TEH HAT!!1!11!11!1!111!111111 WTF LOL M I ALOW3D 2 JOIN THES SIET?!??!?! OMG LOL DO U GUYS LIEK SUJA BOY??!?????? OMG WTF CRANK TAHT SI TEH BST SONG EVER!!!!1!1!!11!111!1!1!!!1!1!!111!!1111111!1!! OMG WHO AGRES?!!??!? LOLOLOLOLOLO!!!11!1!!111!!!1!!1!!! WTF

SUPAMEN DAT HOE
sff1030.jpg

Angela Harlem said:
why we're still attached at the hip to britain, despite the australia act and the statute of westminster.

:madspit:

'cause you get an extra holiday for the Queen's birthday? :D

Angela Harlem said:

I don't know whether it's your random new line in this, or the fact that spoken English doesn't differentiate between writing methods thereby voiding this post, which makes me laugh internally. There is also no such thing as 'living shit', but now I'm just getting pedantic.

I do agree that there is no
virtue in lax use of language.

Well spotted, Angie. I'd like to say that all of that was deliberate, but I will admit the random new line was not. I was typing in a hurry.

As for the other part: if one of my friends rang me up, I would be able to tell merely by tone of voice that he meant 'r u coming 2 the party?' rather than say 'are you coming, old chap?'

And then I would, as I say, proceed to beat the living shit out of him (it would be a him, trust me).

i don't trust you, kieran.
i believe it doesn't necessarily have to be a "him". not after all those stories you've told.
you know which ones i'm talking about... the kind you can't even send through the post.

Zoomerang96 said:
i don't trust you, kieran.
i believe it doesn't necessarily have to be a "him". not after all those stories you've told.
you know which ones i'm talking about... the kind you can't even send through the post.

Well that is a point I suppose, but why you had to bring it up here, after all these years, I will never know.

I mean, honestly, they didn't press charges and we cleaned up the mess, so why bring it up now?

yertle-the-turtle said:

I have that framed on my wall.

Sometimes, just sometimes, I think I feel the warm glow of proper grammar shining down upon me, but then I realize no, that's just the computer screen and I think shit man, that's some crazy shit, and then I see the glow again and realize that I was mistaken, it's actually the benevolent glow of Zoomy's smile. And it was good.

But then I suddenly feel like I should go shower or something.

But that's another story.

Kieran McConville said:

Well that is a point I suppose, but why you had to bring it up here, after all these years, I will never know.

I mean, honestly, they didn't press charges and we cleaned up the mess, so why bring it up now?

statute of limitations, eh? eh??? EH?

Having moved here I am seeing words like 'colour', 'neighbour' and 'recognise' so much that sometimes I even find myself using UK/Oz spelling over American...:huh:

Back
Top Bottom