I can't move my neck!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ILuvLarryMullen

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I woke up with a stiff neck yesterday and it is still just as stiff today and I had to call in sick to work. I can't turn my head at ALL and it hurts like a mofo :mad:!

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make it feel better and loosen up? I've tried Ibuprofin and heat compresses, but they don't really help. I'm really hurting here....

My neck did that once...and I took one of my roommate muscle relaxers and used a massager on it ALL DAY and it still hurt the next day but at least I didn't feel like my head was going to snap off.

I am so sorry.. this has happened to me before and its horrible. Just the slightest movement is just massive pain.

Time is really the only thing that will make it go away.

:slant:

I think heat may make it worse, but I am not sure

chiropractors are great, but they cost a lot! I had schliosis (however thats spelled) when i was younger, it wasnt bad but it was bad enough to pinch nerves in my back, and it HURTS!! I hope you feel better!

You might have slightly dislocated or knocked something out of whack....-You may want to go see a chiropractor if it worsens instead of getting better soon...

My shoulder is currently in the same condition-i thought I was soooo cool that I could actually finally hold the "Crow" (aka "Table") position in Yoga class on Monday evening....My shoulders been getting worse and worse to this day and I can hardly even flip my turn signal on or laugh without doubling over...I hope nothings broken, but I doubt it. Prob just pulled or dislocated a little.....It hurts :sad:

I've had that happen before....wake up and your neck is so stiff you can barely turn it...it went away in a couple days.

I just took extra strength advil when it happened to me. You may also want to try Tiger Balm (similar to Ben Gay or Icy Hot but all natural and smells better lol). Perhaps some back pain pills (just the over the counter kind) might also help? dunno.

I also just tried massaging the muscles as deep as I could by myself in my neck, which sort of helped. And laying down on the side where the pain was helped to stretch the muscles too. Mine hurt so bad, the only place I was really comfortable laying down was the floor. Hot showers helped a little too.

Really there isn't much you can do tho, it should go away in a couple days.

If it doesn't, I agree, you should see a chiropractor.

Normally I'd give ya a hug, but I don't want to hurt anything :sad:

:hug:

Last edited:
The reason I am taking up yoga

I don't have any cures for you luv, as sicy said, it's just time that will heal that wound.

But...a cass story....last March 17th, St Patrick's Day. I treated myself to a ticket to see Maddy Prior in concert, in a town about 100 kms away from where I live.
All I did when the day dawned, was lift my arm to brush my hair and riiiiiiiippppppppp, something in my neck tore. OUCHH!!!! I couldn't believe how easily it happened. Utter agony.

Luckily hub wasn't working that night, but because he hadn't booked a seat we had to change where we were sitting in the theatre. Iwas looking at the floor plan to find for 2 seats together. He reminded me that we had to sit on the right cause I couldn't turn my head the other direction:)
The show almost didn't go on for me, because of a stiff neck. That's when I realised , shite, you loose flexibilty as you get older, got to work at it.
Anyway that's my most recent pain in the neck story. I was in a lot of pain , but Maddy's performance carried me away from it.

Get well soon luv....it's all about drums:larry:

this happened to me once as well, too. i went to the ER, and they gave me one of those velcro neck braces to wear for two weeks. it helped because i was unable to move my head at all, and even when i didn't try to move it, it still hurt like a mofo.

i've had back problems ever since. :(

Back
Top Bottom