I can't Drive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xaviMF22

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Took my driving test today and failed!!1:sad:

most of my friends drive and own cars....

there is no hope for me bitches... :(

there's hope!!! I too failed the first time around. I think my parallel parking was bad and they said that I turned the corner and a car was coming up too fast (even though it really was half a mile down the road). sometimes you just don't know what they're going to have you do and what they're really paying attention to. but don't give up, you'll do fine. Just try again like I did and pay attention to anything they might have told you this time that you did wrong, then you can avoid that for next time. :hug:

i dumped my first test too. the cop that tested me was a dick. i passed the second one, with a much nicer cop at my side. keep up the spirits, xavi, you'll succeed :hug:

yea my instructor wasn't very nice...
:madspit:

once I knew I failed... I wanted to run him over with the car:wink:

Bitch quite bitching and try again ;) kidding. You will do better next time. I failed twice in the written, but was ok in the driving part.

Join the club, xavi. :lol: I can't drive and don't plan on learning. Oh, I went to classes and everything, passed my learner's permit test...it's just that I'm absolutely useless behind the wheel. I speed too much because I worry that I'll hold up the people behind me. This is a problem because I am also terrified that I'll have an accident.

Public transportation until I die. :drool:

GibsonGirl said:
Join the club, xavi. :lol: I can't drive and don't plan on learning. Oh, I went to classes and everything, passed my learner's permit test...it's just that I'm absolutely useless behind the wheel. I speed too much because I worry that I'll hold up the people behind me. This is a problem because I am also terrified that I'll have an accident.

Public transportation until I die. :drool:

same here..I am so terrified I will mess up or drive too slow that I will cause an accident:yikes:

for now trains and buses rule my life :wink:

U2Man said:
i dumped my first test too. the cop that tested me was a dick. i passed the second one, with a much nicer cop at my side. keep up the spirits, xavi, you'll succeed :hug:

Uh, Danish drivers on German streets. :huh:

:wink:

I seriously don't understand what the big scary thing about driving is. Most of the people I know that are scared shitless have never even been in an accident. I have and I was never scared to get behind the wheel of a car. :huh:

And then you point out the bumper cars and ask if they are afraid of driving that and they say no. :tsk: I'm looking at you, Queen Bee.
If you can handle bumper cars, you can handle regular cars. Just don't bump!

xaviMF22 said:

same here..I am so terrified I will mess up or drive too slow that I will cause an accident:yikes:

for now trains and buses rule my life :wink:

You and Thom Yorke have quite a bit in common then. :up:

I'm scared to drive too. :(

LemonMelon said:

You and Thom Yorke have quite a bit in common then. :up:

I'm scared to drive too. :(

OK Commuter :wink:

2da476fe.jpg

PlaTheGreat said:
And then you point out the bumper cars and ask if they are afraid of driving that and they say no. :tsk: I'm looking at you, Queen Bee.
If you can handle bumper cars, you can handle regular cars. Just don't bump!

Look, bumper cars are not as complicated as regular cars okay :angry:

U2Man said:
i want to be in a bumper car with queen bee :heart:

I would bump you all night long, baby, all night long :love:

I think I would seriously die without a car.

Dont give up!!! Try try again, maybe you'll get a hot chick instructor next time :happy:

Driving's not so bad... the learner's permit test was the easiest test I have ever had in my life. They ask questions like
"A speed sign says 80. What does this mean?"
A. 80 is the maximum speed limit.
B. It costs $80 to drive on this road.
C. You may only drive on this road if you are 80 or older.

Seriously.

Actually driving is a bit frightening, especially when you have to concentrate on 70 million things at once, like "Should I go forward a bit? Should I be more over? Should I move up?" :crazy:

Driving in a manual for the first time was tough. The very first time we were on the Murray river, and I almost threw us off the cliff. I stalled six times trying to start it and once trying to get into second gear. But when I finally got my car, I went ok. It's just a bitch trying to remember to hit the clutch FIRST before braking. :D Dad almost had a heart attack.

xaviMF22 said:
Took my driving test today and failed!!1:sad:

most of my friends drive and own cars....

there is no hope for me bitches... :(

get drunk before your next driving test to help you relax

COBL_04 said:
Driving's not so bad... the learner's permit test was the easiest test I have ever had in my life. They ask questions like
"A speed sign says 80. What does this mean?"
A. 80 is the maximum speed limit.
B. It costs $80 to drive on this road.
C. You may only drive on this road if you are 80 or older.

Seriously.

Actually driving is a bit frightening, especially when you have to concentrate on 70 million things at once, like "Should I go forward a bit? Should I be more over? Should I move up?" :crazy:

Driving in a manual for the first time was tough. The very first time we were on the Murray river, and I almost threw us off the cliff. I stalled six times trying to start it and once trying to get into second gear. But when I finally got my car, I went ok. It's just a bitch trying to remember to hit the clutch FIRST before braking. :D Dad almost had a heart attack.

Well, it's strange to drive a Automatic as well.

COBL_04 said:

Manual transmissions :up:

They gave me an automatic when I rented a car this weekend from Avis. I kept reaching for the clutch every time I hit the brake. :huh:

Don't worry about it! I failed my first time because I hit a flag doing a 90 degree back turn...which is like backing into a parking space. Honestly, who the hell ever needs to do that?? Anyway, I did fine the next time.

I :heart: driving :drool: It's my favorite thing to do, just me and my music :happy:

I'm afraid of driving :( the first time i took driver's ed i got a C on the final test which meant I'd have to go take the real driving test, so I took another much better driver's ed class first (the instructer for my first one was also the gym teacher, and the guy i drove with was a dick who was on his cell phone all the time) and then did just fine... but i've gotten in two accidents since :scream: nothing where anyone was hurt, but it's enough to make me avoid driving as much as i can

still, I think my fear is somewhat irrational. I don't know. I'm not an aggressive driver by any means, maybe I just don't look enough :shrug: it just makes me so nervous...though if there's not much traffic and i'm on a highway or something it's pretty baller

good luck xavi :hug:

Back
Top Bottom