i bought two albums yesterday, and i dont like them. you might.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Different strokes for different folks

I went back and read my contributions to this thread and they were ridiculous. Basically, we're trying to argue rationally about differences in taste.

For instance, Bubba is a huge fan of Jewell, the new Star Wars movies and Coldplay.
I find Jewell's singing to be mannered (although she's a gorgeous woman), think the new Star Wars flicks are awful and a blight on the the Holy Trilogy and think Coldplay are a solid but unoriginal Britpop band.

Does this mean I'm right and Bubba is wrong? Heck, no. Our tastes differ is all.

MAP :banghead:

i regret ever making this stupid thread. piece of shit.

all im reading is boredom.

close this thread immediately or delete it.

thank you.

Michael Griffiths said:

First of all, I just want to say that Chris M. has got to have the best voice in pop/rock music today. As one reviewer described his performance on the new record, "Singer Chris Martin takes his voice on soaring flights, reaching places only Jeff Buckley previously dared to go." Not bad for someone with a timid and weary voice.

I guess we all listen differently, because I certainly wouldn't describe Chris Martin's voice as soaring. IMO it hovers just above the ground most of the time, and even when he raises it a bit, it still doesn't have anywhere as much piercing intensity as Jeff Buckley at his most histrionic.

In general, I find Coldplay a bit too heavy on introspection and too short on attitude. I largely prefer bands and artists who have both sensitive and more aggressive sides to them, and my favourite singers are those who will croon tenderly in one song and scream their heads off in the next one. Granted, 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head' (the song) does hint on aggression that wasn't present in Coldplay before, but put it next to, say, "Sunday Bloody Sunday" or PJ Harvey's "50ft Queenie", and these songs will just go over it like a bulldozer over a china doll even though they're probably not -that- hard themselves.

The Wanderer said:
if Chris Martin can sing like Jeff Buckley, I haven't heard it, must be on some "hidden track"
Oh, that's right - you live in the States! Guess you haven't got the limited Canadian special edition. The hidden track is actually at the beginning. Quite startling, really. I never expected it.

theSoulfulMofo said:

Hmmm... can i say, "I told you so?"

Ahem. Perhaps I should clarify. EVERYONE's contributions to this thread are ridiculous. And in your case, snarky, rude and unwarranted. Thanks for playing though. And feel free to join in the discussion again if you ever have anything meaningful to contribute.

MAP:wave:

O geez

you know it's gone downhill when the creator of a thread doesn't want it anymore.

Well then

why the heck not

GO GO GADGET CLOSE THREAD POWERS

Let this be a lesson to all of ye :mac:

I don't know what that means. But yeah we'll put this whole thing out of its misery ..just bc ye asked so nicely :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom