I am thinking of buying a digicam....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last Year I got a Kodak DX 3500 for about 200 it's a great little camera, it's a 2.2 Megapixel. I'm sure the same camera is only about $100.

Don't be afraid to spend a little bit on some of the accessories...I got the charger/usb port, and the rechargable batteries. You can also get 64mb memory cards for about 50 bucks.

You should wait until after the holidays though. You will get it WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY cheaper. Everything is so much cheaper after the holidays. Of course we are all broke from the holidays that kinda sucks, but seriously if you are not in a rush to get one and you wait, you will get more bang for your buck. :up:

Well I already told you about the Kodak Naya-I love it! It's the DX4330 that just came out a few months ago.

Mine is a 3.1-w/ an optical zoom, which is supposedly important only if you are taking many shots from a distance. I'm very happy w/ the color and resolution of my pictures, and the docking station makes it SO easy to download pics to your computer(it also charges the battery). You have to buy that separately, but my camera and that were still around 400. Once you get over 3 megapixels, the price jumps quite a bit, but you can and should look around for the best deal.

I would also advise against a Samsung-I had one before, and it was a piece of junk. It malfunctioned w/ in a few months, and you had to download special software to make it work w/ XP. That's just my experience-maybe other people have had good ones.

I think the best thing to do though is to get over a 3 if you can spend the $, because you might find yourself wanting to upgrade if you don't.

i've heard the nikon coolpix (not too sure if that's the brand name, but i know it's called coolpix) is really good. someone showed me some pics they took with it and they looked really nice. it's for sale at wal-mart so it can't be too expensive. :laugh:

I dont have one, but if I was getting one I think I'd probably get a Nikon (I have a normal compact by them) just for the sheer quality of lens. Have got pretty good reviews too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom