Hypothetically speaking if I were going to be visiting LA, what would you recommend..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
..that I go see while I'm there?

*looks around* (I'll be there from the 26th - 30th for a couple shows) *scurries off*

:hyper:

Come down to Long Beach to see my husband's show at the Broadlind Hotel. If you have a car, that is. I don't think it's worth taking a daylong bus trip to see.

I can recommend the LA County Museum of Art and the Museum of Contemporary Art. Amoeba Records is open in Hollywood, but I haven't been there yet.

Will you have access to a car?

umm...

I may...but I think the friend I'm staying with is going to be showing me around the whole time. The details aren't totally hammered out yet though.

martha said:
Amoeba Records is open in Hollywood, but I haven't been there yet.

I highly recommend a visit to Amoeba Music. Not only is it the best music store I have ever been to, but my son Ricky works there too :)

They have a HUGE section of U2 on vinyl, along with any other band on the planet you could possibly be looking for. I could spend all day there.

The museums Martha mentioned are worth a look and I also recommend the Getty, if you have a car.

Re: waaaaah

clarityat3am said:
I may see Ricky of U2 thread fame? Oooh! :drool:

That is highly possible :up: Tell him you know his wonderful stepmom and you might get a nice little discount :silent:

this time around....

I was going to stick to within the city and the burbs this time around....next time I'll venture outward more. There will definitely be a next time.

Pack some heat, bring a few bodyguards and go to the "Fashion District". The name is VERY deceiving. I was tricked into going down there ....but thats where we accidentally found the Million Dollar Hotel, and the liquor store They performed the Streets Video from.....

Scary at the time but a pretty cool memory now looking back on it....:up:

Yes I've been sheltered....

i recommend that when you go to L.A., that you "take out" all those utterly annoying, dumbass hollywood actors and actresses who are so full of themselves as to think that their political stances and opinions mean shit to anyone else...especially us "common folk".

and when i say "take out", i mean it in the mafia sense of the phrase.

Amoeba is very cool! It is massively huge and has so much great stuff, I filled up one of those little hand baskets with so many used CDs (used CDs rule).
You have to eat at Canter's on Fairfax -- greatest deli in the world (this from a girl who hasn't been to NYC, but whatever).

dsmith2904 said:

You have to eat at Canter's on Fairfax -- greatest deli in the world

:yes: :yes: :yes:

And YES again!! And it's open late and sometimes you see famous people there! (Although I never have.)

Another great thing, but out of town, is the Roy Rogers Museum in Victorville.

Stop laughing! It's a lot of fun, and it's moving to Branson soon, so see it while it's still cool.

The peeps from the Wallflowers have implored me to go to Canter's cause the guys frequented the place....it's on my ever growing list! :D

clarityat3am said:
The peeps from the Wallflowers have implored me to go to Canter's cause the guys frequented the place....it's on my ever growing list! :D

I've been going there most of my life and have been seen any truly famous people there (I sat across from Rodney Bingenheimer once, ew) but a friend of mine met Axl Rose there, so I always hold out hope!

And they have the most amazing brownies.

Find a House of Blues and go there. You'll have good time. But make sure you get tickets in advance cause they usually sell out

edit: oh ya, take a stroll down Venice Beach...You get a live show there just watching all the nut bars :coocoo: :der:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom