Hurricane terror

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Those of us in the Gulf area now even have our own web site to keep up with Hurricane Ivan. A branch of my medieval organization has cancelled a faire scheduled for Saturday because they are having to leave the area, it's in the New Orleans area, because they are having to leave town and most likely everything's going to be a mess by Saturday. It's looking really dark and overcast in Birmingham now, and the storm isn't even supposed to hit the Gulf Coast before Thursday. I really hate hurricane season! We had an outage when Frances hit the Gulf Coast. I'll be mad if we have another one.:mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
I'm holding my rosary praying for the people around the Gulf. The storm is 300 miles away from New Orleans, which is not a long way from a storm this ferocious. I just hope the rains don't hit before we go to the art studio tomorrow, and we don't get an outage. I hate outages with a passion. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Sorry, I hope y'all will be okay. I've had them and I don't like hurricanes :no:

I enjoyed isabelle last year, that was an adventure, but we didn't have any damage, just about everyone else did. one house down the street had 8 trees on it! friends of mine were without power for 6 weeks. but we did get out of school for 7 school days!!!!!
i'm a nutcase i know but let me say this---before i discovered that politics should be my career i was set on being a storm chaser :huh: :|

Is this one scheduled to hit coastal Alabama? If so, both of my favorite places will be decimated. :(

U2democrat, I was also heart set on being a storm chaser and going to meteorology school in Norman, OK. I did a spotter training thing for the NWS and spent a lot of time slaving over atmospheric reference books. It's a big regret of mine that I didn't. If I move to Florida like I plan to, there will no doubt be plenty of tornados and various weather phenomena to satisfy me. After all, besides the Gulf hurricanes, Florida gets the most tornadoes per 10,000 miles than anywhere else on earth!

Back
Top Bottom