Hung, Thailand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've always said that if I have to be in any kind of disaster, I'll take a ferry sinking. I'm a strong swimmer.

Now, an oceanic liner in the middle of the Pacific, maybe not. I said ferry, as in short voyages.

Or a train crash, but that's because I know what to do. I'm with Danny's logic on the plane crash front - although it's monumentally, staggeringly unlikely that you'll ever be in a plane crash, especially in Australia, if you ARE, you're done.

School groups on planes = AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Loud, excited by EVERYTHING, take half of bleeding forever to get on, talk louder than the announcements, and in general far too perky for before-9am.

I dunno about anyone else, but when I went on school trips, we went on a bloody bus. None of this aeroplane rubbish... was it some filthy rich snobby private school? Not that I suppose you could tell if they weren't all in their ridiculous uniforms.

I dress more or less the same now as I did at school on uniform-free days. Just the artist on the t-shirt has changed... :reject:

I dunno about anyone else, but when I went on school trips, we went on a bloody bus. None of this aeroplane rubbish... was it some filthy rich snobby private school? Not that I suppose you could tell if they weren't all in their ridiculous uniforms.

I dress more or less the same now as I did at school on uniform-free days. Just the artist on the t-shirt has changed... :reject:

I can only think of a couple of trips my school offered where travel was by plane, and they were optional things, like there was a winter ski trip ... no wait, I think they even bussed that one down. I suppose it makes sense, if you're going on a long-distance trip, a flight saves you time and, given the price of petrol, money!

Think they might've been from around Lilydale way?

I stopped participating in free dress days by grade 11. I was just too lost without all my blazer pockets. I couldn't get through the school day. Hot summer days deeply messed with my system.

Damn kids travelled for 8 hours to some place by bus for a ski trip a few weeks back. I can barely survive a 2 hour car ride. :(

still melb GAs left.

Oh yes, LN, they're just FLYING out the door...

true, but which do you have a greater chance of surviving? a car crash or plane crash? i know which one i'd rather be in.

i can't imagine what it would have been like on that Qantas plane from San Fran to sydney.

I knew someone was going to make that point! :lol:

You're quite right, plane crashes are much worse than car crashes, although I've seem some very nasty pictures on the news of dickheads wiping out themselves and innocent others on the road. At least there's a hell of a lot more regulation of air traffic than ground traffic.

What exactly happened with that thing in SF? I heard something about a petrol station exploding near the airport and some houses catching fire...?

True. But a smooth ride is always nice. I had a minor freak out on the way back to Perth last year, its always terrible landing in Melbourne But that was the worst, roughest ride I've ever had. I've never really had a good experience. Except coming back from Darwin. That was smooth as. Although the all time worst thing that happened on a plane, was coming back from Sydney before Crowded House when some dickheads pretended to light a fire.

:yikes: That sort of piss-farting around is just stupid, especially with plane security being what it is now.

I hadn't noticed Melbourne being particularly bad to fly into, although now that I think about it, many of the landings I had elsewhere have been amazingly smooth.

I know I'm safe and everything, and its totally unlikely, but my mind wonders, and can't help..."what if?" Maybe you wanna sit somewhere else on the flight up to brissy, Ali? :giggle:

:laugh: I was going to ask you if you wanted me to sit nearby with a stress ball (or chloroform) on standby...? :wink:

I guess I don't think about it that much... and if something did happen, I don't see the point in stressing about it beforehand.

What exactly happened with that thing in SF? I heard something about a petrol station exploding near the airport and some houses catching fire...?

QANTAS flight near-disaster is different to the current petrol explosion disaster. :wink:

You people heard that there's going to be an Australian Iron Chef? It's just not going to work! It's not Iron Chef if it isn't a bunch of crazy Japanese over-dubbed by some horrible American voice actors.

Also, how about Junior Masterchef? :barf:

I reckon! Well I did go to a private school, but (as I may have mentioned before) the school's entire budget went on ridiculous things like classroom blocks that looked like prisons, as opposed to useful things like textbooks and buses. Thus, the probability of even getting to where we were meant to have our trip was low.

And same. I loved free dress days - none of that silly skirt-y, uncomfortable shoe-y-ness for me! :up:

I nearly died in a plane once. Here's what happened:

When I was 4 and visiting New Zealand, my family went on a small plane trip over White Island (a very lively volcano). They wanted us to take the precaution of wearing a lifejacket. For some reason, I was MOST averse to this idea. I think it clashed with my stylish pink jelly shoes or something. Anyway, I think I eventually put the lifejacket on (along with my best grumpy face). We took off, flew over the awesome volcano, and started heading back. About halfway back to the airport, I became aware that something was quite wrong. My parents were making anxious faces and talking about their wills. I was just like "aeroplane! yay!".

Turned out the plane's electronics had failed and we had to make an emergency landing! It was very exciting. My parents just thought it was scary.

I still didn't want to wear that fucking lifejacket, though.

:laugh: I was going to ask you if you wanted me to sit nearby with a stress ball (or chloroform) on standby...? :wink:

I guess I don't think about it that much... and if something did happen, I don't see the point in stressing about it beforehand.

:lol: I think I'll be fine. I'll just be pretending to read a book or something. I think I just don't fly enough.

Ok can I please just cover the thread with cute for a minute? Here's what Ax and I saw today:

w2crop.jpg

1009browncrop.jpg

1009gingercrop.jpg

1009greycrop.jpg

This one looked like my old cat :cute:

1009tabbycrop.jpg

Thank you, carry on.

I can't believe how well we did for daily cats on such a dull day!

QANTAS flight near-disaster is different to the current petrol explosion disaster. :wink:

Come on, two different things happening in or around the same place on the same day? Pfft...

You people heard that there's going to be an Australian Iron Chef? It's just not going to work! It's not Iron Chef if it isn't a bunch of crazy Japanese over-dubbed by some horrible American voice actors.

Also, how about Junior Masterchef? :barf:

Ugh, I saw a billboard or bus shelter ad or something about Jr Masterchef the other day. :down:

And Australian Iron Chef?! They really are desperate for cooking shows if they're going to try to make that work. Are they going to get Japanese people to do voice-overs? I suppose they could still use Japanese chefs, but the panel of judges is half the fun. Or the interesting things they say, at least...!

I nearly died in a plane once. Here's what happened:

Pink... jelly... shoes??

I don't think I've ever seen those three words adjacent to one another before.

Also, in Ireland, I think my plane landed sideways :uhoh:

Crumbs. Was the pilot a P-plater?

:lol:

Although:

" "[...]," said Moore, who missed a key Search and Destroy competition because of last week's brief suspension. His team lost."

Awww, poor diddums! I'm surprised he's not suing them for pain and suffering.

:lol: I think I'll be fine. I'll just be pretending to read a book or something. I think I just don't fly enough.

Cool... make sure it's a nice relaxing book. :wink:

Ok can I please just cover the thread with cute for a minute? Here's what Ax and I saw today:

:cute:!!

I should take some photos of the cats I live with with my crappy phone camera one day... Missy was sprawled in front of the heater in the most interesting contortions the other day.

Aah. I'm trying to work out how old I was when you were 2 - 5, but I don't think those would have appealed to me at any age. *L*

I have just remembered a pair of yellow plastic/rubber sandals I had as a child, though, long before the invention of crocs.

Aah. I'm trying to work out how old I was when you were 2 - 5, but I don't think those would have appealed to me at any age. *L*

I have just remembered a pair of yellow plastic/rubber sandals I had as a child, though, long before the invention of crocs.

:lol: Thinking back, I think mine may have been blue. In any case, I distinctly remember dropping one into the river near my Nan's house :sad: I can still see it floating away now ...

:lol: Thinking back, I think mine may have been blue. In any case, I distinctly remember dropping one into the river near my Nan's house :sad: I can still see it floating away now ...

Aww... :hug:

*has flashbacks to various cherished childhood things that got lost/broken/disembowelled by small dogs* :(

Hey, hey, look at all those Brisbane II tickets just FLYING out the door ...

... or, y'know, crawling. Same diff.

Or NOT.

Every single section still available. Every. Single. Section. Including GA.

Live Nation Australia's claims of "look at those tickets flying" are just great comedy.

All these second shows have been going slowly. Melbourne's gone quickest, then Sydney, and Brisbane's doddering along at the rear. I'm starting to suspect we may not be getting a third Melbourne gig ...

Maybe LN is seeing pigs fly instead of tickets...

I wonder what it would be like to attend an intimate U2 gig with a few thousand in the crowd... inside the vast echoing cavernous spaces of Etihad stadium.

Or ANZ in Sydney, for that matter!

Maybe LN is seeing pigs fly instead of tickets...

I wonder what it would be like to attend an intimate U2 gig with a few thousand in the crowd... inside the vast echoing cavernous spaces of Etihad stadium.

Or ANZ in Sydney, for that matter!

Axver's backyard. So, Axe, do you even have a backyard? :angry:

I haven't had a backyard since ... January 2006, when I moved out. My flat in Brisbane had a nice balcony. My first apartment in Melbourne (the shoebox) had no outdoor area at all, shonky real estate listing claims aside. My current flat has TWO balconies. Luxury.

Back
Top Bottom