Humpybong State Infants School, Margate, Brisbane, QLD, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This occasion is second only to that in the FUN!! Catergory.

But 4th Touched is #1 in the touching category

About 5 minutes ago I poured hot water on my hand. If I'd burned it, it've shown up by now, right?

Yeah, you'd have either the beginnings of a blister or very tough skin. Besides, it'd probably still burn if you haven't been running your hand under cold water for the past five minutes.

I immediately switched the water over to cold (well, after I yanked my hand out from under the spout), ran it on there for a few seconds. No idea if that does anything or not.

Regardless, no blisters, it's not red anymore. Seems to be ok, though the right side of my wrist (left hand) kind of stings a bit.

Your wrist will probably be fine. If you have any burn cream or even some neosporin to put on it, I would. Does it sting like it did when it was under the hot water, or less, but more annoyingly?

the latter pretty much.

Even that's pretty much gone away now though. I think I'm fine.

It was scary at the time though, because it wasn't just a finger or something I'd stuck under the water, I put my whole fucking hand there and it splashed all over my hand and wrist. Freaked me the fuck out because...it fucking hurt! lol.

Yeah, probably just a scald. I know burns well, I almost burned the fingerprints off my right hand in an accident with a hot plate in ninth grade.

:scream:.

sorry reggo, looks like once again your list isn't happening.

This fucking computer, I swear. It hasn't worked right since the moment Travis got it, and now I'm trying to get HP to help me and they just messed it up moer it would seem.

More like me, it would seem....though now that you mnetion it, my cell phone broke because I dropped it on the floor in celebration of his team winning a football game... My laptop broke while I was chatting with him, and the PS3 broke the day I bought him a new video game....:hmm:

maybe the universe is trying to spare you the psychological trauma of my list.

I would just like to say that the tennis last night WAS SO AWESOME. Would definitely go next year. :up:

I sighted Kevin Pietersen, Andrew Strauss and Paul Collingwood drinking wine in the stands, also.

Rofl, Ax.

I hate to say it, but man, there are a lot of bogans in some of the photos from the flooded areas, and I just can't bring myself to feel as sorry for them as, say, looking at Pakistani flood victims last year. I know, I know, it's terrible, but that's how it go.

Yeah, I felt this way too. I don't really feel emotionally connected to the disaster at all.

I've just been preparing a folder this morning of photos from when I went to the site of the Tangiwai disaster. You folks probably remember what this means to me: Tangiwai

Kind of fitting this thread and the last were in Brisbane, huh?

Just now starting to hear some reports of proceedings from my old haunts ... it really doesn't sound good.

:(

Meanwhile, the lake effect snow strikes again. Travis ended up in a ditch on his way home. Thank God he's ok.

Unfortunate section on The Age's website:

"Hot topics: WA bushfires"

... yeah, you might say it's a hot topic.

This is for Alison. Dinosaur in Raurimu, central North Island:

s640x480

Here he is in a bit of context, looming over State Highway 4 as seen from the Raurimu Spiral viewing platform:

s640x480

Shit, what happened?

Just snow. He was going about 5 MPH, so it was ok. He dug himself out and pushed the car back onto the road, and he seems ok, though he was incredibly shooken up when he got up. I was scared to death because he usually gets home in 20-30 minutes and it had been an hour 10 and his cell phone was off, so I'm glad he's ok myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom