how's everyone's pool/snooker skills?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey hey
i tend to like bringing threads on the sports forum about everyone's sports skills rather than going: "man u", or some other team

but anyway how's everyone's skills on the good ol pool table?

mine? ive improved out of sight, ive got a soft touch, if im on, consecutive set-up shots (they are called set up because it doesnt appear likely you will get them in from the position of the white and the target ball) tend to go in rather than just be set up

not a great finisher by getting the 8 ball in, especially if it is position idly in the middle of the table and the white ball is positioned somewhere quite far near a cushion

oh and i hate cushion shots (eg the white ball is positioned right next to the side), they might look easy but try playing a reasonable shot from those positions

oh and not bad with the 'necessary lefty' shots :)

the biggest key to being a reasonable (ie not getting 'pants'ed every game) pool player is to keep your backswing nice and straight, if you jerk up and down with your back hand chances are you will miscue a lot of shots.

oh and not whack the ball hard every time you think theres no chance of the any ball you have going in. set up, or be really evil, and snooker 'em (for 2 penalty shots!) :)

I used to be sooooo bad at pool... well I still am, but I'm getting better :D

My friend Matt and I played a few months ago and I was horrible, but he taught me a few things, and a few months later, I dominated a game against a few of my other friends :dance:

I :heart: pool too... I wish I got to play more often

Back
Top Bottom