How/why did you choose your user name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
paxetaurora is in honor of Bono and his "bastard Latin" stage name. pax=peace, et=and, aurora=light (dawn).

It was also my AIM name (still is), so...

This is the first username I have had since we first got the internet. It's because I love wolves and my last name starts with a Q. I use it everywhere, if it's taken I go with wolfQU2 or U2Q

I got mine from a book my grade 5 teacher read to the class, it was called Rowan of Rin. I'm a girl so I took away the rowan of and added another 'n' to the end of it. I think at the time I was hating my own name so much that I would wander around as anything but.

Cheers :D

Danospano was a stupid, last minute idea for my very first email address. I arrived at college and discovered, for the first time, the internet and email and all that stuff, so I needed a name that I would remember.

I chose "Danospano" because when I was a child my mother read me a storybook about a cocker spaniel named Daniel. As my name is Daniel as well, I could identify with the character (albeit a dog), and as any Daniel or Dan knows, my generic nickname was "Dano" (made popular by the television show, "Hawaii 5-0") so I took the title character of a children's book, "Daniel Spaniel" dropped the "iel's" and added the 'o's', thus Dano-Spano.

This is the only place I use that name, anymore. And yes, I've been asked if I had a crush on Jessie Spano from the "Saved By the Bell" television series. The answer is 'yes', but the infatuation had nothing to do with the decision. Sorry :)

Both Niamh and Saoirse are 2 irish names I really like. Niamh means bright, lustrous and it's also de name of a mythological character. She is Manannán mac Lir's daughter, lord of Tí na NÓg.
And Saoirse means freedom.

Mine is the eventual mutation of an original nick name I had way way back when I first got online [it's French for reindeer] and it's the name I now use everywhere. Most people know me by it, and I'm sure a lot of them think it's my real name.

I kinda like it better than my real name, so that's no great hardship. :wink:

Although I regularly get called Renee which is a bit annoying sometimes...

Last edited:
Favorite album is War and I even though I heard Sunday Bloody Sunday and News Years Day before it was actually hearing Two hearts beat as one that made me a fan. So, even though I spelt it out it is youtwo/twohearts.

My license plate is U2Hearts. :)

elffriend said:
I am a big fan of Lord of the Rings so I chose mine as I am a friend of the elves.

Yes I know geek alert!!!

I'm a HUGE Lord of the Rings fan too! And of the actors in the movie. First I had a huge crush on Elijah Wood (Frodo) then I grew up so to speak and my attention turned to Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn/Strider) mmmmmm Viggo...lol

Sorry to kidnap the thread hehehe

nb - short for Newport Beach, where I live.

crusader - this is the "rebel" in me. I remember reading a news article where a school was under pressure to get rid of its nickname, the "Crusaders" because it was not PC. So I adopted it.

If you ever venture to Lake Pleasant - northwest of Phoenix - and see a black Ford Expedition parked on the north shore cranking U2 and see a couple of Chocolate Labs running around - then you will know.

Desert Dog said:
If you ever venture to Lake Pleasant - northwest of Phoenix - and see a black Ford Expedition parked on the north shore cranking U2 and see a couple of Chocolate Labs running around - then you will know.

awesome. that sounds a lot like my life.

except i do it at lake mohave in a green canoe, not an expedition. :wink:

i first started out with this name in the U2 chat here long before i ever registered on the forum.

i was trying to choose something that had u2 in it, but i wasn't feeling very creative that nite. i even thought of things like LEBA, but i thought that sounded too much like PLEBA :yikes: :laugh:

since it was a chat room i was entering i thought that perhaps i should choose something non gender specific (since i'm a girl and didn't want any creeps to bug me). so with that and lack of creativity, i chose ABEL.

Adam Bono Edge Larry

i'm still surprised when people ask me what my name means and have no clue :ohmy: i thought i was being the least creative.

i've gone through a couple of variations of it too, sometimes being called anything from BLEEBA to RAMBLE :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom