How was Van Halen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTB

Acrobat
I know of at least one interferencer that went to see them. So how was it? Did they sound good? Anything good from the David Lee Roth era? How'd the golden circle area look? I saw the layout of it on ticketmaster. Looks pretty similar to when U2 performed at the Grammy's. Looks like bands are starting to copy U2 in that area.

Good show. Sound mix was a bit off at times, way too bass-heavy during opener of "Jump". Sammy was in good voice, and very energetic as usual. Eddie came out shirtless (looking all of 105 lbs) and with his hair tied up like Pebbles Flintsone or something, the man is a guitar whiz, but clearly wacky.
The "golden rings" sections looked pretty small...we guesssed no more than 30 people in each of the 2 sections within the stage. We were in the 12th row on floor, the stage ramps didn't jut out into the floor like the heart, it was pretty much a normal sized arena stage and these golden rings people were basically sitting inside the stage.
Played 6 Roth era tunes: Jump, Somebody Get Me A Doctor(Michael Anthony vocal), Unchained, Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love, You Really Got Me and Panama.
Eddie's solo ran about 13-14 minutes and he was joined by son Wolfgang(who hasn't missed any meals, looks like he already outweighs his ultraskinny dad) for the last 2 minutes or so. Played about 2hrs 10 minutes.

Hewson said:
Eddie came out shirtless (looking all of 105 lbs) and with his hair tied up like Pebbles Flintsone or something,

That's what splitting up with your wife of so many years will do to some people, I guess. I could be wrong but didn't Valerie and him split up?

Thanks for the update on the show. Would have loved to have gone to that one. Already tapped into my U2 fund for 2 concerts this year so guess I need to start putting some money back into it.

ZOOTB said:
That's what splitting up with your wife of so many years will do to some people, I guess. I could be wrong but didn't Valerie and him split up?
i believe so, unless they reconciled. i don't know if this was the truth or just a rumour, but she was ticked that after the huge cancer scare he had, he immediately picked up smoking again. :tsk:

van halen are supposed to be one of the first groups performing at our fedexforum (yeah, it's one word), which is due to open 9/10. mayhaps i'll have to check them out. what's ticket prices like?

Edward and Valerie have indeed divorced.

The tix prices here were $89.00 plus Ticketbastard for most of the arena, 3rd level balcony was $57.00

Back
Top Bottom