How often do you folks listen to U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Personally, I just go through phases of them anymore. When the moon is blue, pigs begin flying and U2 release a new album, I really get into them, and nothing else enters my CD players. While they are on tour, I regularly check on setlists, and I steadily listen to them. But now, U2 is not doing ANYTHING in 2002.

So I'm worried that I'll grow out of U2. How many times can I listen to "Kite" or "Walk on"? How many times can I hear "New years day" or "With or without you" on the radio, and not change it just because it's U2? I really was looking forward to a new U2 album this year. But, that's not happening. And the tour isn't happening either. My guess is that Adam and Larry finally bitched enough to call it off.

Realistically, I think the album will be released in late 2003 or early 2004. It'll probably take a year and half to make....putting it at finish in summer of 2003. Packaging and stuff must be done, and so forth. That's a long fucking time!

I haven't listened to U2 in over a week. I still love them and always will, but I cant just keep playing their music over and over again. Having been a fan for going on 19 years now, how much I listen to U2 has no relation to how much I love them. Also, dont worry, you wont grow out of them. For awhile you will muscially move on, every now and then you'll blast ATYCLB or Achtung Baby and remember how much you love what they do with music and how they make you feel. And then one day, the buzz will return. You will hear about song titles, release dates, themes, and rumors of the "sound". The excitement will increase until it culminates with new songs leaked on the net or heard on the radio or MTV/VH1.

It's a U2 cycle and where you are in it right now should not concern you, it's normal.

Originally posted by candyfloss:
Who are U2?

That band from England with Robin Williams as the frontman.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I pretty much only listen to U2. On the way to work, and on the way home. Which is 45 min-1hour each way. I also listen to U2 if I run errands on my lunch hour, and while I work out at night. I don't listen to much other then u2 in the car so when I go anywhere I am usually listening to u2. I am totally blabbing on now. I guess a real answer to your quetsion would be approx. 3 hours a day. Do I have a problem?

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

i listen to approx 3 hours daily.. do i need some treatment
smile.gif
currently to indian summer sky..amazing bassline in this song what do you all think ?

Originally posted by Bonochick:
That band from England with Robin Williams as the frontman.

LOL!!!!!! That Robin Williams- he's so hot in Leather, isin't he??? ..Oh wait, this is not PLEBA....

Anyway, regarding the topic, when U2 come around on tour it's all U2 ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT. Then after a few months after the show and the buzz dies down, it's only on the commute going and coming home from work. Now, I'm at the stage where I'm blowing the dust off my 300 other CD's and giving them a spin. But, whenever I'm not listening to U2, I miss hearing them.

But, I admit, I NEVER get sick of hearing them, ever, and there is always U2 tapes playing in my car.

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

[This message has been edited by u2loopy (edited 03-12-2002).]

Last night, I remembered that I owned non-U2 cds. So I tried listening to a Tori Amos cd.

Ended up listening to Zooropa.

------------------
"I have a dragon, and I know how to use it. I'm a donkey on the edge!" -Shrek

Happy Birthday, Adam!

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Originally posted by madonna's child:
Last night, I remembered that I owned non-U2 cds. So I tried listening to a Tori Amos cd.

Ended up listening to Zooropa.

LOL! That is me exactly!

Anyway, I first have to confess that since the first U2 concert I went to (May 1st 2001) there hasn't been ONE day I haven't listened to at least a minute of U2. Scary scary scary. I'd say at an average I listen to them 5-8 hours per day, occasionally more or less depending on what I'm doing. Lately I've only been listening to them occasionally because of burnout (how many times can I really listen to Beautiful Day and so on?) and actually the past few days I've been more happy listening to my Gavin Friday CDs than U2.
redface.gif

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

I listened to Zooropa the other day when I was cleaning house, but other
than that, I am taking a break for awhile and trying to listen to new music, or music I had been "ignoring" for U2 these past ATYCLB-years.
wink.gif

Every day.
I think since over a year I can count the days I haven't been listening to U2 on one hand.
I do try to keep up with what's out there besides U2 by listening to the radio in my car to and from the stable which is about 15 min each way. But if it's too many lousy songs in the row I put in U2 in the stereo.
smile.gif

My CD collection is I guess 60% U2 and 40% everything else. Am I insane?? LOL I just don't find it worth the price to buy a cd where I only like one or two songs.

I listen to U2 every single day.
The amount varies generally, I might have one of their cds in (always with 2 others, different) or just mp3s (I have my whole collection in one playlist and on repeat and random) so it depends what chance throws up sometimes, which is nice
smile.gif

I dont base what I listen to according to whats one the radio whatsoever. Most (99.9%) music on the radio isnt worth wasting precious seconds of my life over.

------------------
look at the moon t-t-t-t-t when a horse runs through dark waters then the pig has no legs.

?*~darkcloud~*?

I really haven't listened to them much over the past 3 months. After watching the DVD a couple of times when it was released, I've listened to them maybe a couple times since. For me, the DVD was the capper to the current tour and album. I'm at the stage where I've heard everything U2 has put out numerous times and I want to take a step back. I want to explore other music and try to recapture the feeling I had the first time I heard U2.

Pretty much every day I will listen to one song- generally it is whilst I am getting ready for work in the mornings as I will put winamp on my computer on random and there are so many U2 songs on there- so I generally hear one of their songs in the morning- today I heard 'In God's Country'........ but I probably dont listen to the earlier cds as much- I have to be really in the mood for them- like when I want to be nostalgic but I do listen to Zooropa all the way through a fair bit- it is a good drinking album that one
smile.gif

Less than once a month. I guess I ODed. Now it's heavy rotation of Oasis, Radiohead, PJ Harvey, Elvis Costello, and other stuff

------------------
"Shame on you! Ugly baby judges you!"

Back
Top Bottom