how much do cats suck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sicy said:
Saki is 9.5 pounds now. He is 10 months :)
Zoey is still 11.5 pounds lol.. she's a big girl :D

kidsonthetree.jpg

:love: :cute:

Mullen-Girl said:
I've had the best luck with cats. All of them have been loving towards me especially my latest cat...Mullen Kitty. She used to go where ever I went in the house. If I was sitting at my computer she'd be laying on the floor next to me or in my lap. She'd lay in bed with me, sometimes falling asleep on my stomach :heart: She'd give me these little massages with her paws, lay under the dinner table when we were all eating there. She was an indoor/outdoor kitty and she had a collar with a little bell on it and as soon as I got home I could hear her running from somewhere and coming up to me and meowing :cute: She was like my best friend. I miss her alot :(

:hug:

Angela Harlem said:
Cats as a rule dont run up to people they dont know, which is why I reckon they are considered aloof. I've never had a cat who wasn't affectionate towards me, but most of them have never approached strangers willingly.

My cat is like that. Around the family, she's fine. She very social with us, likes to be petted, etc. :)

But she is very afraid of strangers :( When I have company over, she will hide until they leave. I don't why she is that way, but I think maybe something happened to her before we got her as a kitten. But, as I said before, around the family she seeks us out so she can be petted :lol:

Great to pics of Zoey and Saki - Saki's grown up so much :cute:

Jarvis and Splick are beautiful :love: I love that pic of Jarvis by the sliding glass door, laying in the sun - my cat Worf likes to do that too :lol:

33%3A82%3C6323232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323493%3C8%3B377ot1lsi

^Worf with a stack of U2 Bootlegs behind her (I wish I could get rid of the red eye)

Last edited:
ooooh carrie i want a kittie like jarvis. when we move out my kittie miss jones will be all alone (cat-wise) so she needs a playmate.

i wanna get a black kittie, preferably male because i have the name picked out already.

mikal, i'm soooooo glad you're getting a kittie from a shelter. there's so many kitties without a home, and they're always so adorable. i obsessively check the shelter websites on the off chance i see one that i must have. i always want to take them all with me.

ooh, there's a shelter here called house of mews, it's entirely non-profit; the employees are actually just volunteers. they don't turn away any cats and they're all just so adorable. they're all running around (although the slightly less domesticated ones, or the bitchy ones who don't get along well with others, are in cages) and stuff.

:heart:kitties:heart:

I never had a cat growing up because my parents didn't like them, but I've always loved them. When I was in college one of my roomates got a kitty that we had to hide from the landlord, who didn't allow pets. He was the sweetest little thing! I ended up taking care of him more than my roomie, who wasn't exactly the most responsible person in the world. He'd crawl into my lap when I was lounging on the couch or whatever and purr and purr. :love: I miss him! I would get a cat in a minute, but I have yet to find an apartment where you are allowed to have pets, and I'm not going to risk getting evicted over the issue.

Worf :cute: :love: I just love her colorings!

Here's HelloAngels' multi toed cat Splick :lol: :hug:

splicktoes.jpg

You all have pretty kitties.

My aunt's cat was poisoned by one of her neighbours about 2 years ago. He was orange coloured and his name was Juice and I think they are still mourning him today. It's incredible what some people will do to animals.

I don't know if I'd let my cat out either - too many wackos out there. I have to say, there is one psychotic cat in our neighbourhood, and they let it out in the afternoon/evening, at which point it climbs over the backyard fences, then sits on top of ours and hisses at my dog to the point where he goes absolutely insane, jumping up and down wanting to tear its throat open, and he's very friendly with cats. The neighbours down the street have a really nice Persian, and she just sits on their porch all afternoon watching the people go by. I like her.

OMG Sicy!! You posted my baby Splickers!!!!!! :heart: Love the toes and the fat, man. :combust: Oh see, now I gotta go find him to give him a zerrberr.

Have you decided yet mikal?
Both animals, a cat or a dog would bring much joy.
Cats are so affectionate and amusing and beautiful to look at and nice and warm and their purr is such a comforting sound. I had three main cats in my life, Sebastian , Danni and Rebecca, all wonderful. They are easier to care for than dogs I think. As long as you take the responsibilty to make sure your cat can't follow it's natural urge and kill birds and lizards etc. you'd be rewarded with years of feline love and companionship. I love both cats and dogs equally and wish I could have about 10 of each and a horse and some guinea pigs.
Puppy or a kitten?
Just make sure you take lots of photos
:)

Splick looks something like Bono! :cute: The only other cat I ever saw with extra toes is one my friend has who is gray like Zoey. He has 7 on the front and 5 on the back, or is it 6? I'm going to have to go check!

Worf, old and young :cute:

Not a good idea to try and bring rational thinking to an emotional decision but this year a Lecturer an environmental history at my uni described the domestic cat as 'the spawn of lucifer', having done untold damage to various species.
But then who am I to judge.

tarquinsuperb said:
Not a good idea to try and bring rational thinking to an emotional decision but this year a Lecturer an environmental history at my uni described the domestic cat as 'the spawn of lucifer', having done untold damage to various species.
But then who am I to judge.

'Tis true. I remember reading/studying in grade school how much feral cats have contributed to the decline of certain species in Australia. But I'm guessing those cats have been breeding in the wild since the Europeans first sailed over...

Humans are responsible for the decline and extinction of way more species than any animal :tsk: Not only animal but plant species too.

I'm allergic to cats. Cat allergies are much more common than dog allergies.

I don't mind cats, I just prefer dogs. Cats are cute and I have seen some friendly and playful ones. They are not all aloof.

I don"t like it when people allow their pets to run loose. I see this happen more often with cats than with dogs. Cats come into our yard and hunt the wild birds that I am feeding. People need to be responsible no matter what pet they own.

U2Kitten said:
Humans are responsible for the decline and extinction of way more species than any animal :tsk: Not only animal but plant species too.

:up:

And we can thank ourselves for the problems with feral cats in Australia, since we killed off its natural preditors/competitors.

MrBrau1 said:
Yeah, well, we cured Polio and walked on the moon. What have cats done?

They have brought warmth, love, joy and companionship to millions upon millions of people in the world, just like dogs. Cats aren't humans, so obviously they cannot make scientific discoveries. To draw a distinction of that sort between human accomplishments and that of a small domestic animals is illogical. That's like saying "what do flowers do?" (In my mind, nothing. I hate flowers).

I love cats. Am I a dog person? No. Do I feel the need to offend people with cruel remarks about dogs in an attempt to be insensitive and show how cats are the best? No. We all like different things from different animals to keep as pets, and that doesn't make any of it wrong. Just like some of us are religious, and some of us are not. But in fairness to everyone, we should be sensitive to each other's feelings about this type of thing. Our pets are our children, and when we insult the species we don't like, we are insulting each other, and crapping all over the wonderful relationships we've had with our cats and/or dogs.

So perhaps this thread has run its course.

Back
Top Bottom