How many songs do you know all the words to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
it's a lot, isn't it?

don't think too hard, it might explode your brain.

scary, huh? perhaps i should have worded the title 'how many full albums do you know the words to?' or something like that. or how much space would be leftover in your brain if you didn't have the lyrics to some kids song or WOWY running around in there...

while the songs playing or just out of the clear blue?

i seem to know all the words while the song is playing, but once it's over i can be clueless.

but i do know all the words to loads of instrumentals! :D

Last edited:
I remember when I was still in school, and I would be studying for tests. When I'd be having a hard time remembering stuff, Dad would say, "How is it that you could start reciting the lyrics to any U2 song I name, but you can't remember this stuff? :laugh: :heart:

Bonochick said:
I remember when I was still in school, and I would be studying for tests. When I'd be having a hard time remembering stuff, Dad would say, "How is it that you could start reciting the lyrics to any U2 song I name, but you can't remember this stuff? :laugh: :heart:

that was the sort of thing i was thinking about...i've got this russian quiz tomorrow for which i've got to remember assive amounts of words, yet i can keep about 10 of them in my head while i can remember the words to beatles songs i haven't heard for a few years.

I know all the words to "4th of July"and I'm practicing all the words to "Scarlet" now. But trust me: It's not as easy as it may seem.....

WAY too much! There's just something about songs that makes the lyrics stay in your mind...maybe it's the rhythmic thing... Uni Books should really come with background music!!!

i can sing along flawlessly to any u2 song, but that's very different from knowing all the lyrics off the top of my head and not getting screwed up on which verse is supposed to come next.. now that's a whole different feeling.

I know RTSS.. and that's it. I could probably fake my way through One, Stay, and Wake up Dead Man, but there's a good chance I'd screw up somewhere.

Besides U2, I used to know Exiles Among You by weakerthans, and i definitely still know Grace Cathedral Hill and Red Right Ankle by the Decemberists and Into My Arms by Nick Cave (mostly because I learned them on the guitar)

Hundreds? Thousands? It's a ton. So many times I hear a song I don't really like or haven't heard in forever, and I still know the words. It really is frightening.

HeartlandGirl said:
Hundreds? Thousands? It's a ton. So many times I hear a song I don't really like or haven't heard in forever, and I still know the words. It really is frightening.

"I'm hangin' by a moment!!!!!!"

:evil:

Thanks a lot! :angry:

I'm fallin' even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held on to
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hangin' by a moment here with you

Do I need to go on??????? :madspit:

HeartlandGirl said:
Thanks a lot! :angry:

I'm fallin' even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held on to
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hangin' by a moment here with you

Do I need to go on??????? :madspit:

i'm plagued by the words to that song, as well. something i'd really like to forget.

u2popmofo said:

They are 'The Reason' I hate the radio and MTV. :down: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:barf:
:mad:

I've heard that song like 5 times and I know all the words to it :p I love it 'cause whenever I'm with my friends we sing along to it really badly on purpose. It's great, we're all completely off-key and stuff...the only way to make that song enjoyable! :p

I know the lyrics to TONS of songs...hundreds prolly... hell, I know the lyrics to some JAPANESE songs, and I don't even speak Japanese. Wanna be the biggest dreamer zenzokuroku dae...mirai mo, ima mo, kake nukero... besides, anything I don't know I fake through, y'know, just make the sounds I think I hear.

I actually have used this to my advantage before - I had a test about the French Revolution but I was playing guitar instead of studying, so I decided to write a song about Bastille Day and Napolean and stuff... I aced the test :D "On July fourteenth, seventeen-eighty-ni-eee-ine...Bastille Day, lots of people dii-eeeied..."

am I the only one here who actually bought that Lifehouse album? :reject: I've always wondered what their second album was like cuz I read somewhere the singer said it was "a mix between U2 and Coldplay." Somehow I doubt that, but hey, at least they have good influences? :| :eyebrow:

Er. *raises hand* I bought the first one and the second one. I used to be a really big fan of theirs. :reject: It's definitely not a mix between U2 and Coldplay, it's more... I dunno, a mix between shit and slightly bearable pop music? :shrug: I guess I really liked it a couple years ago. I got really turned off when I read the thing about "all their songs being about God" or whatever.

alia612 said:
It's definitely not a mix between U2 and Coldplay, it's more... I dunno, a mix between shit and slightly bearable pop music? :shrug:

This almost made me spit my drink all over the monitor. :lol:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i used to know all the words to "...end of the world...", "subteranian homesick blues" and "we didn't start the fire."

I still do know these. LOVE Billy Joel. (and REM and Dylan). Anyway, probably a few thousand. Have to hear the music for about 2/3 though.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i used to know all the words to "...end of the world...", "subteranian homesick blues" and "we didn't start the fire."

Oh, End of the World. I learned the words to that songs because a guy I had a crush on in high school was in a band that covered that song. Good news was I was in the 10th row at an REM show, stood up on my chair, made eye contact with him and sang the words back to him during a concert once. sooooo cool.

I now scare my fiance with all the words to random songs I know. The recent Bands Reunited: ABC episode on VH1 particularly scared him. My mom used to say she couldn't understand how I knew all the words to all these songs and couldn't remember my biology notes for tests. Scary thing is I still know all those words to those songs including every single major release from the New Kids on the Block. "Listen up everybody 'cause we're gonna do our thing, 'cause you know it ain't over to the fat lady sings! Check it out! Oh oh oh oh oh, hangin' tough." Must...stop...scaring...myself.

Back
Top Bottom