How in hell do you pronounce Pilate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
Is it like those work out tapes?

or is it like the guys who fly planes?

these guys seem less known than I thought.. though their (rather colplayesque) video's been all over MuchMusic, they don't even have an entry at allmusic.com! aieeee!

Interesting music... their album is a little more low key and not so Coldplayesque as their single.

I've been encountering a lot of people lately who don't have an entry at allmusic.com. It's really frustrating when the band name is one that's not really Google-able. :mad:

Anyway, I say it 'pah lah dee,' but I could be wrong. :shrug:

I generally say "Pih lah tee".. but it wasn't without saying Pilot (as in one who flies) for a long ass time! :lol:

HelloAngel said:
I generally say "Pih lah tee".. but it wasn't without saying Pilot (as in one who flies) for a long ass time! :lol:

LMAO! I used to do that too! I signed up at my University for an Aerobics class but it had Pilates on the end and I didn't notice and I was like WTF is Pilates (pronounced it like Pilots) I ended up dropping it cos the word Pilates scared the crap outta me for some reason LOL :shrug: (it wasn't quite popular in my city yet back then)

see i think it's pronounced like the excercise tapes, too... but many others around here are into saying Pilot.. and I don't know if should yell at them or not.

The proper pronunciation is "Pilot".

As in Pontius Pilate. Which is where they got their name from. So sayeth the lead singer in an interview on Muchmusic.

It's definitely like Pilot.

Saw them live opening for David Usher. They were terrible with a capital T. Awful. May I never see them again.

Back
Top Bottom