How fast do you type?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
68 WPM; no mistakes.

That's about right. When I tested at a temp agency three years ago, I hit 70 WPM.

Melon

Sevikins said:
I wonder how they figure all that out though really.

It's probably a Java-based timer that divides the time it takes for you to start and stop the clock with the number of words in the sample you're copying from.

Zootlesque said:
I cannot post my speed here! :lol: I totally suck! I'm more of a thinker. :angel:

Were you listening to music when you did it? It's very distracting. That's what I'm blaming my speed on. Though, anyone who's chatted with me online would probably say that my speed is about correct. :lol:

157007575m1ro3ho.gif

:lmao: I forgot about that cartoon!

Gibby, the whole 'reading those lines, then looking down and typing, then reading some more' thing is not working well for me. :no:

Zootlesque said:

Gibby, the whole 'reading those lines, then looking down and typing, then reading some more' thing is not working well for me. :no:

Ah! I see. I can type without looking at the keyboard / only looking a few times, so that helps a lot. In computer class a few years back, I remember we were actually tested and graded on our typing speed. You learnt how to type without looking at the keyboard rather quickly. That teacher was insane. :|

GibsonGirl said:

That teacher was insane. :|

:lol: The thing is I CAN type without looking much at the keyboard. Here, I had to look at those lines too, to see what I'm typing! But whatever it is, every 3 words or so I HAVE to look at the keys or I make typos! :lol:

79wpm, 1 mistake.

That's shitty as hell. I think. I don't even know. Everyone says I'm a fast typer, but I don't even do it the "right" way, I pretty much just use my first two fingers.

85wpm, 5 mistakes. In my defense the left side of my desk under my keyboard is crowded. :D

I took it 4 more times and all were between 81-86wpm, best being 84 with 1 mistake.

Last edited:
Wow, some of you are amazing! I was just thinking about googling for a typing test to test my speed. On the first try, I got 84wpm, 1 mistake. After that, it was in the 70's with 2-5 mistakes. My daughter used to have a Timon & Pumba game that had a typing section/test in it. That was fun. I may try again later :shifty:

Well. It's a good thing I don't make my living on this thing. :| However, I'm not quite as atrocious as I thought I would be -- 33 wpm with four mistakes. I really thought I wouldn't be over 20 wpm. :huh:

Of course, I had to try it again...and I got even worse. 28 wpm with 2 mistakes. If I try it many more times I swear I will be in the negative range... :rolleyes:

Do I get an award for being the suckiest typist? :)

indra said:
If I try it many more times I swear I will be in the negative range... :rolleyes:

:lmao: sorry that made me laugh! :reject:

okay.. I can respectfully post my score now... 55 wpm with 2 mistakes!

:lol: Indra :hug:

Zootlesque said:

:lmao: sorry that made me laugh! :reject:

okay.. I can respectfully post my score now... 55 wpm with 2 mistakes!

:lol: Indra :hug:

Glad to be of assistance. :wink:

the rockin edge said:
i'm not posting mine, tis shamefull :tsk:

the problem for me is the reading + typing, because i look at the keyboard while i type so the time spent looking up is wasted.

bleh

Even after my results? Oh my. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom