How do you manage forgetting former girlfriends or boyfriends?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pate20

The Fly
a place that has to be believed to be seen
I can't forget her, I could not imagine how much I would miss her!!
frown.gif

Pate..
I have found that the only way to forget someone is to find someone perfect for you.

There's a Spanish saying that goes something like this. "A new nail can take out the old rusty one in the same spot". It loses some of it's translation, but hopefully you get the point.

Also time is a great healer and medicine, through time, the memories do start to fade and one gets stronger.

There are also a few books available on how to ease the pain of a broken heart.

Let us know how you are doing..

I try to think that there is someone out there whos is even better for me. Please don't down on yourself and please take care of yourself.
smile.gif

From who been there a few times.

Pate:

I hope you are doing better. Time and meeting new girls will ease your pain.

Good luck and I hope you have a great 2002!

------------------

you can try the best you can
you can try the best you can
the best you can is good enough

Never forget... In time youll be able to accept it, but dont forget about her, there will be times when you feel like complete shit, and you might need good memories... you obviously cared about her, but erasing her existance from your mind is not the way to heal yourself... It may take a while, but youll move on, probably to better things, who knows what the future has lined up for ya

You wanna forget your woman? Well, there's only a few things that are gonna do it.
1-A new woman.
2-Time usually heals even the deepest wounds.
3-Lots of drugs!
Hang in there, dude! We've all been through it. Peace!

------------------
The goal is ELEVATION!

One word....NEW.

I handled it by getting NEW everything. I moved, threw out my clothes, all the things he gave me, I threw a vase off of a bridge, cut all my hair, got a tattoo, and went out and partied a lot. Get rid of as much as you can, be ruthless... just get rid of it. Get new stuff, new music, new people. I also found burning things helps.

It worked for me, but perhaps this approach isn't for everybody.
-Bluey

[This message has been edited by blueeyes (edited 12-24-2001).]

OK Pate-
BasicDiamondology 101-
Here it is-
1. Find Something to do
2. Find Something to look forward to.
3. Find Someone to love.

..and go meet a bunch of new sexxies in the meantime.

Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
OK Pate-
BasicDiamondology 101-
Here it is-
1. Find Something to do
2. Find Something to look forward to.
3. Find Someone to love.

..and go meet a bunch of new sexxies in the meantime.

Diamond

tru that.

Pate, there will be others. My solution in college was dumb and didn't work, and I only tell it as a warning not to go this route. It consisted of a case of bud light, a few gunniss, U2's WOWY, all my beer drinking buddies, and a wall I could fight until I would break a hand. Dumb, stupid, but on the other hand I was only hurting myself.

I guess you gotta take time to grieve the loss but seeing that loss in the light of the fact that there will be a tomorrow and there will be other women.

There was one woman that took me years to get over. She's getting married in august. It's been more than four years since we broke up, we're still best of friends, but I can't get myself to go to her wedding. Four years, best friends, but the hurt is still there, and probably always will be.

love bites mate
wink.gif

This is very strange... but who could ever explain this...

------------------
we shine like stars in the summernight
we shine like stars in the winternight
one heart
one hope
with or without you

You can try and try, even if you know in your head you have to move on however, if your heart won't let you...there is little you can do. I'm guessing it just takes time and even without realising it at first, you move on...

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

I feel your pain Pate
frown.gif

Personally... I broke up with someone almost eight (pathetic, I know) years ago that I still was never completely over. I would still find myself comparing him to people... etc etc. Just in the last few months though I met my current boyfriend who just completely blew me away - I honestly dont even give the old guy a second though. At the risk of sounding cliche - there's someone else out there that you were meant to be with instead - things happen for a reason!
I hope that you are feeling better, it'll take time but it will happen.
smile.gif

------------------
Love don't need to find a way
You find your own way
I forget that I can't stay
And so I say that
All roads lead to where you are
All roads lead to where you are

[This message has been edited by She ls Raging (edited 12-26-2001).]

I think just time Pate. it's not something you can force yourself through and it's not something you can run away from.

Here's to hoping you feel better soon.

Focus on the positive. You're single. You're available. You have all your weekends to yourself to do whatever you want. Want to sit around in your boxers all day eating ice cream, drinking beer and watching mind-numbing TV? go ahead! who's to stop you? No one. No date, no girlfriend, nothing.

Plus, as a girl I know most of us can be annoying so you may not have the love but you also don't have the annoying.
smile.gif

Look at it this way - you are free

Go around and do stuff by yourselfe, alone, enjoy, drink coffe with newspapers alone in a pub...
meet new people
meet all the people that you didn't see for a long time
do whatever YOU like to do - without compromise and asking someone else if they are up to it
live life to the full, the only danger is that you can love it so much that you are not going to like the idea of a new relationship - it's the thing with me. I'm enjoying it so much, that I lost interest in a firm comitment... but it's fuc** GREAT...

Be independant

------------------
"Everyone loves me
everyone thinks I'm georgeous
they wait for their turn to meet me..." - Me, 2001.

dont forget about her, remember the fun times you had, in time you'll move on and it won't be so bad remembering her. Cheer up
smile.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Originally posted by bono-vox:
dont forget about her, remember the fun times you had, in time you'll move on and it won't be so bad remembering her. Cheer up
smile.gif

I just had to tell you that this is a best advice so far in this thread! you said it great

------------------
"Everyone loves me
everyone thinks I'm georgeous
they wait for their turn to meet me..." - Me, 2001.

Originally posted by Marko:
I just had to tell you that this is a best advice so far in this thread! you said it great

YAY

*does a little dance*

Ahem
smile.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Back
Top Bottom