How do you keep in shape?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
I just started to play in a co-ed volleyball league (It's been years since I've done this) and I also play in a open play gym on Thursdays.
I also do some cardio; run about 5 miles around the neighborhood.

I do pilates 2-3 times per week (using all the equipment--reformer, mat, cadillac, chair and accessories), as well as cardio and weight training at the gym 2-3 times per week.

I love working out. :drool:

My next obsession is destined to be rebounding, but I haven't figured out where to put the mini-trampoline yet. I hope to have that worked out by winter so I can jump inside on cold snowy days.

I run 4-5 times a week on my elliptical 30-60 minutes. I walk my dogs for a long walk 3-5 times a week (walk for an hour or so). Monday nights I do agility with both dogs which is a one hour class each, involves a good amount of running for the handler. I do daily chores in the house and dog chores, vacuum every other day. I often get more tired and sore from normal chores than 45 minutes running hard on the elliptical!

My next obsession is destined to be rebounding

... you'll never go back

rodman.jpg

I like taking walks ... but I've been a real slacker in that department lately. I'm working on getting myself up back to speed (har har).

I suck at working out, and walking seems to be the best way for me to exercise, so for now, that's all I do.

I listen to a LOT of Michelle Branch. And I drink Tequila until I wake up the next day on a couch.

Really helps when I'm trying to sweat off a couple pounds.

When I'm fully committed to my routine, 30-50 minutes of cardio (eliptical or treadmill) 3 or 4 times per week, along with 15-30 minutes of strength training.

I do weights 3 or 4 times a week and cardio 3 or 4 times a week. It's all about switching things up though, keep with the exact same routine, and your body gets used to what you're doing.

When I'm fully committed to my routine, 30-50 minutes of cardio (eliptical or treadmill) 3 or 4 times per week, along with 15-30 minutes of strength training.

Char and I do different programs ~ I do light light-weight machines and then an aggressive stationary bike, mountain riding mode for minimal 30 minutes at least 110 rpm..I average a 12-mile ride at 30 minutes, 22 miles for 60 minutes...on the bike, I wear a heart monitor strap and average a 145-160 bpm thru the ride...no pain, no gain, no sweat...

This summer, my schedule has been out of whack, since I had to move twice per my contract. So I was cycling 2x per week and playing squash 1-2 times per week. As of this Sunday, I am hoping to return to my regular routine.

That is 1 hr cycle class 5x/week. Weights 2x/week. Elliptical or treadmill usually 1x/week for 45-60 minutes. And I am supposed to be working in a special abs class 1-2 times per week starting in September (promised my friend who is getting married in Feb that I'd join her). Oh and I'm supposed to be playing doubles squash once a week too, forgot about that. I work out 6 or 7 days a week.

keep with the exact same routine, and your body gets used to what you're doing.

See that's what everyone told me but I went from a size 8 to a size 2 just runnin' on my elliptical. I think the only difference is that I run faster now, but the resistance is basically the same and the length of time is basically the same, in fact lately I've been running less in the past few months (used to run 6-7 times a week and now more like 4-5).

Work(seriously, you try giving deep tissue massage to 8 people/day :happy: ), walking to and from work - 30 minutes/day at least, I walk everywhere else since I don't have a car, and I walk mah doggie. Occasionally I actually do a proper workout if work is slow or whatever. I will crush you all *flexy-flex*

I don't drive. Consequently, I do a lot of walking. A couple years ago when I was in university it wasn't uncommon for me to walk 10km or more in a day just getting from point a to point b. I still do a lot of walking, though not quite that much. I'm working on starting to lift a little bit of weight and strengthen up my arms and shoulders as I'm thin as a rail right now, and I was taking judo/jiujitsu for a while but ran out of money ... maybe when I get back to school in the fall I'll start that up again though, and maybe get some flexibility back (did I ever have it?). S'all good, really.

After a typical stop and go drive into downtown LA or the valley, I generally park my car a few blocks from my appointment (a) because its cheaper than parking in the structures and (b) gives me a chance to walk it off, to and from...before starting the stop and go trip back to OC.

Besides walking to and from work usually, I also play soccer year-round, cycle and jog in the summer, and I recently took a free kickboxing class, which I may sign up for in the fall/winter. :up:

cardio and strength training I shoot for 5 days a week though it's been hard lately. I like core training that includes cardio like a bosu class they offer at the gym. it destroys you in a good way :drool:

Back
Top Bottom