How do you exercise?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried pilates, but it doesn't work for me. I just need something to make my stomach flatter, but I'm too muscley. :(

I shake my leg occasionally when I'm on the PC.

Usually it's just my phys ed. sessions in school, once a week. Gym and soccer, sometimes floorball (hockey without the puck).

I walk a lot and go to Box class twice a week.
In the spring/summer I try to bike a lot too.

This summer I plan to take up a Martial Art. :up:

I lift weights (mostly upper-arm) 3 times a week (it takes about 45 minutes) and run 3-1/2 miles 4 times a week. I'm working on my mileage, I'd like to run 5 miles a day!

:dance: :hyper:

I wish I could find an exercise to do, but I don't live in an area that's good for walking and I don't have any time either. :shrug:

Finding the time to exercise can be tough. That and finding the motivation. :|

I love my boxing though and biking, so you always manage to find time for things you love.

I run, play sports(lacrosse and basketball, sometimes tennis), lift weights and kickbox:yes:

I like biking, but I don't have a bike and I don't think I can afford one for a very, very long time. :( Classes scare me because I don't like the idea of exercising around people. :reject:

I have just ( accidently) conducted an experiment Adam's Mango...and my conclusion is that exercise is good for you.
I have the knowledge,
it's the discipline I lack.
I was walking further each day and using a step machine, that's all basically.... and dancing ( just grooving about with the headphones on for half an hour most nights, no major exertion) and I felt so much better.
I started reading and smoking again, exercising less and I feel, as we say in the Aussie outback...shithouse. (translation-less good).
It doesn't have to be a huge change from your usual routine, but it needs to be regular. I am just talking about cardio ( and for me, lung) fitness.
As far as weights and muscle building go. You should see what my second son has done to himself in the past couple of years. I gave him a bench press and weights for Christmas 2000. He has such developed biceps now and a tiny waist. His mate is a power weight lifter. Holy shikes , you should see him, he works out all the time.
So the body does respond and benefit from it. I'm searching for the discipline to keep it up.
Good luck to you:)

I do yoga and walk during the spring and summer. Before I started yoga I couldnt really get into anything else. Couldnt get into running and wasnt into the whole gym thing. What I liked about yoga was that there were more you can get out of it besides the physical aspect.

I also take the stairs instead of elevators and will sometimes take a walk around the building on my break in the summer.

meegannie said:
I've always wanted to do yoga, but I'm not bendy. My back doesn't bend. :slant:

I'm not real bendy but the longer you practice you become more flexible. There were men in one of my classes last quarter that were not bendy at all. The thing I like is that you make the adjustments to fit your body and go only as far as your body tells you.

Last week we had a class devoted to the proper way to sit. bend over and sleep to aleviate back pain.

when my foot is not messed up I run a lot and pretty fast. Since I can't get rid of my foot injury I am riding the excercise bike, lifting and doing ab work. I think I am going to start riding my bike to work everyday now the weather is warm.

Hopefully I can figure out what is wrong with my foot so I can go back to my 50-80 miles a week running.

Back
Top Bottom