How do *you* check things out in Interland?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
Ok, this may not get much response being posted in this forum, but I guess this is where it belongs........ I'm just wondering how people surf Interland when they log on - do you have a favorite forum that you always check out first? Or do you just go in order of the forums listed on the main Feedback page?

I soooooooo love the "view new posts" button on the top left of the main U2 Feedback page - I hit that and search for the threads that had new posts after I last logged off and then work my way up, then I don't miss anything!

yes i realize i am a dork :huh:

When I have the time, I start at the top and work my way to the bottom.

When I'm pressed for time, I usually hit LS, EYKIW, PLEBA, and IO.

i'm a nerd, i go top to bottom. when i get to the bottom (zc, etc.) then i go back up to the top and see if any other forums are unread. i continue in this fashion till they're all marked read. it takes me about an hour to do this. :laugh:

Bonochick said:
When I have the time, I start at the top and work my way to the bottom.

Same here.

I hit PLEBA, ETYKIW, ZC, LS, and FYM and I go and lurk in IO for awhile.

Today I've been hanging out in here a lot because its making me laugh my ass off.

Did you need help with this question? * teasing *

* moves thread *

I usually start at the top too and work my way to the bottom.. skipping various forums of course.

i go from top to bottom if i have a lot of time on my hands. if im pressed for time, i'll start with ls, then move on to io, then my last stop will be zc.

I hit LS and read everything new, then Zoo Confessionals.. I usually don't read everything there though. Occasionally I'll check out EYKIW and IO. LS is where I always am :D

i look for the "hot" threads on who's online..
if everbody is cheking out one, i investigate that one:angry:

db9

I read the forums from bottom to top, skipping various ones along the way.

If I don't have a lot of time to spend, I just check in LS because I'm supposed to be keeping an eye on all of you! :D :wave:

Hello,

I usually start with POTDB (if there are new posts there), then Viva El Feedback, EYKIW, FYM, LS, All I Want Is..., Music/MP3 and sometimes also the U2 Gatherings forum. It still is a logical order for me (by preference).

C ya!

Marty

hmm... I guess I don't really have any "order" that I check the forum in...

First I check the threads that I posted in last to see if anyone else has replied...then I usually check IO, LS, and ZC (in no particular order), and just skim the pages for threads that I haven't read that look interesting or ones that there is a lot of action going on in them...every now and then I check FYM, or Dream Out Loud...

Then when I'm really bored or have nothing else to do I check the "who's online" to see what threads others are reading....that's usually the only time I venture into PLEBA or EYKIW :ohmy: :eeklaugh:

Last edited:
bonosloveslave said:

I soooooooo love the "view new posts" button on the top left of the main U2 Feedback page - I hit that and search for the threads that had new posts after I last logged off and then work my way up, then I don't miss anything!

:der: I never even knew about this feature!!! Must utilize....

When I haven't been on for a while (which is usually the weekends) first I check all the posts that I may have responded in....which usually aren't many since I am a self-proclaimed lurker.

Then I check in order: FYM, LS, EYKIW, Pleba, and the Confessionals.

Re: Re: How do *you* check things out in Interland?

u2loopy said:

:der: I never even knew about this feature!!! Must utilize....

It's really nice - addicting actually. Once I get caught up, I just hit refresh every few minutes so I know what responses are new without having to go back and re-search all the forums.....

I usually go to Lemonade Stand first, followed by The Bang and The Clatter. If I'm feeling mischevious, or there's not much happening I'll go to FYM.
I go to Put Em Under Pressure the odd time too, best during the world cup though...

I've changed my style quite a few times.. I used to go to PLEBA, LS, EYKIW, and then ZC. Now I go to the forums I mod, then EYKIW, then LS, then ZC and U2News. :)

I have actually duties here as a mod, so I usually check out FYM, It's a Musical Journey, and We Don't Know What It Is. Then, if there's time, I read LS, Just the Bang..., EYKIW. If I'm really bored, I read PLEBA, the Confessional, or IO.

And if I have any PMs, I read them before I do anything else.

PLEBAns (i never go to PLEBA though)
DOL
lemonade stand
zoo confessionals

if i'm real bored i venture into other forums...but i usually should be doing homework...if i don't have time i just hit the random thread in PLEBAns and ls...

Babyface Caf?
Lemonade Stand
EYKIW
PLEBA
Zoo Confessionals

.......I am predictable. :der:

lemonade stand to see if Sicy has posted

*bite of Chinese food*

free your mind to see if Diamond has posted

*sip of Orange Fanta*

zoo confessionals to what freaks we are

*another bite of chinese food*

Everything you know is wrong to post in the daily "name your top 10 songs" post...

congratulations ouizy with that post youve just become poster of the month for November of 2002!!!!

your a good man!

EYKIW is the first one I go to, but it does get redundant at times (Ouizy summed it up nicely).

I also go to FYM, LS, Goal is Soul, and Musical journey.

user cp first

then lemonade, often random first

then fym

sometimes zoo conf or the goal is soul

sometimes bang and clatter

usually staying far from PLEBA, hype kills my nerves

my net time is precious( and slow) so I try to use it efficiently

the "view new posts" function is wonderful. I go where I feel welcome...so LS, Bang and Clatter,EYKIW.
If something is up, good or bad, I'll go to ZC.
If something has happened, re:sport I post in PTUP...I agree with cloudmani, 2002 World Cup was fun.Indeed!
Someone asked me to read a poem in DOL about 3or4 months ago, so since then, I pop in there if I have any net time left.
I occassionally read topics in FYM, but I don't post ther anymore.

This site is well structured and easy to navigate...if a little large imho.(my friend told me how efficient her laptop computer is. She has a solar -powered house and when they got a laptop , it stopped the arguments over power usage.We are hoping LCD monitors get cheaper soon...that will make a huge difference)
So no doubt is I had mains electrickery , I'd read every single word.:sad: case? not really:sexywink: :wave:

I usually check LS or IO first. Then the following (in any order): EYKIW, ZC, IAMJ, Bang and Clatter, Goal Is Soul, PLEBA :D and AIWIU2. I also check my latest posts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom