How did you meet...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's technically not "official" yet... but I'll share the story anyway. Let me take y'all back now...

8th grade. 5 long years ago. This girl and I, Jennifer Johnson, had been friends for about 5 years, but nothing more. I, however, had had a crush on her for most of those years. Way long time. Anyway, 8th grade dance rolls around, and she asks me out! I was ecstatic, right? She did so through her friend, Jennifer DeLeon, whom I shall henceforth refer to as Jenn since there will be three Jennifers in this story. Jennifer Johnson and I only date for a few weeks, when she decides to dump me. Of course, I'm an overemotional sentimental person, and I've had a crush on her for what was then over a third of my life. So I cry. A lot. I'm crushed. But Jenn was there for me. She really made me feel OK as me, you know? We both had a really zany sense of humor, and were both quite spontaneous. However, we both ended up going to different high schools.

Fast forward a year later. I'm dating this girl, Janna. She and Jenn are friends, so I get her email address from her. We email each other a few times, but we lose contact again. The next few years go by, we don't see or speak to each other.

My girls come and go, and then I hit a dry spell that was to last for nearly two years. SAT time rolls around. I, being the procrastinator I am, decided not to take them until October my senior year. Lo and behold, as I wait outside the school, I see Jenn. We start talking and it's so great. We connected more than ever before, and then we go to the rooms inside to take our tests. We ended up sitting beside each other in the testing room, and since we had to wait over an hour and a half to take the tests, we talk the whole time. About half way through the test, she has to leave to be at a band competition, so she has to stick with her old scores while I go on to score a 1330. I get her number, we talk a few times, but again, I can't keep contact up.

All the while she has a thing for my friend Marion. He doesn't open up enough for her, though. So she starts dating some other guy, and again, she and I only talk a wee bit during this whole bit. They break up, and she and Marion go to prom together. I am there with another Jennifer Johnson, not the same from 8th grade, so we only speak to each other a little. But it was good.

I decided a month or so later to change my email address, and send a mass email to all my friends whom I haven't spoken to in ages. She is the only one to reply, conveniently just after Jennifer Johnson and I broke up. I'm really miserable at this point, from being in a really crappy relationship. She is just bored. Apparently Marion was too embarrassed to talk to her after prom after he wasn't, um... well let's just say they had a bad sexual experience that he shared with his friends. I have yet to ask her about it, because I don't want to embarrass her. Anyway, I'm happy to be free, and happier that Jenn was talking to me again.

We set plans to go see a movie, and we go to see the Sum of All Fears. We laugh at Morgan Freeman's brilliant facial expressions toward Ben Affleck. As we walk out of the theater, I put my arm around her and we walk to the car. Then the kiss happened. Holy God in heaven. I mean, I've been dating a very reserved kisser for two months, and I was not prepared for this kiss. But it was a good thing.

We continue to talk constantly, and again go to the movies. Yes, a first for me, we actually made out during the movie. I'm usually way too shy to do something like that in public, but it just felt right. We have a lenghty conversation afterward, and we're still talking on the phone every day we don't see each other.

Now tomorrow she's coming over here, and I'm going to ask her to "be my Yoko Ono". For those who wondered in the other thread, yes the Barenaked Ladies song was my inspiration. We're going to King's Dominion (theme park) this Sunday, and then we're gonna see one of Shakespeare's plays before she goes off to college.

In retrospect, this should have happened a long time ago, but circumstances never permitted. This is the first time I've felt this strongly about a girl in about 3 years, and never have I connected with someone so strongly. I hope this lasts, because I'm happier now than I have been in my short life.

My boyfriend as of today. I was at the Ice Cream place in town and spotted this kid and his friends dancing on a bench and waving to the passing cars. I found it funny cause he sorta looked like a younger verison of Larry :evil: Anyways, I got home and I was talking to a friend and I hear people outside, I look out my window and I see the kid and his friends again skateboarding. I tell my friend about it and she tells me to go outside and say hi to him, so I did, and I found out he had just moved in a block away from me. So, we went on a date and well, that how we met. Haha I'm a geek, I know.

Oh, I forgot to say, he likes U2 wuhaha. :drool:

Last edited:
But its tru-ue....I mean I WISH I knew guys in the racing business, so that I could be at loads of street-races :evil: and rallies to get to know the ins and outs of car crap.......possibly try some racing......but that will always be fucking impossible......

Im not in the country that has that open opportunity so much...........

very little round here........ud really have to be with someone else with interest.......................

but the guy I want.............a nice quiet quirky character guy.....................someone who would with maturity on the basis of life itself, understand my fears of the world and life itself........I am but a baby still to go out and become an adult................

Last edited:
mad1 said:
But its tru-ue....I mean I WISH I knew guys in the racing business, so that I could be at loads of street-races :evil: and rallies to get to know the ins and outs of car crap.......possibly try some racing......but that will always be fucking impossible......

Im not in the country that has that open opportunity so much...........

very little round here........ud really have to be with someone else with interest.......................

but the guy I want.............a nice quiet quirky character guy.....................someone who would with maturity on the basis of life itself, understand my fears of the world and life itself........I am but a baby still to go out and become an adult................

David always goes to rallies but sorry maddie hes mine and hes only 18 too :tongue:

You will find a nice guy soon- go to Clements and meet those guys your bro told you about

P.s. I do not fancy that guy Mr Clements anymore!!! :D

Me no like an angry maddie!

what was that for? :(

He goes to car rallies.....it's cars you like right??? :slant:

i could get him to take you sometime! :sad:

mad1 said:
U got urself a nice boywiend into rallies

AND I AINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scream:

;)

invite me to your wedding..........

we arent going out yet-we did go out but i like not having a b/f so i dumped him but he hasnt given up so i thought well why not- hes taking me out to dinner...sometime soon

So maddie hes still single now-but not for long so maybe you could get in there!!

Its not funny anymore i keep getting wedding jokes & everyone says we r gona have 3 children eevn my mum i dont wanna have babies :scream: :sad:

Ill keep you informed of all the rallies he is going to if you would be interested??

mad1 said:
ach just ignore me Lara................its my own fault I dont know anyone into it......

I just find it really hard to go alone, even more so as a girl............Rodneys into bikes more.......

I think Dave is more into bikes too but he goes to car rallies :confused:...he wants to own a bike when hes older - i think hes a fool myself

Would your bro not go with you or Rodney- or some of your friends??? :ohmy:

Dont worry little madster maz-your sig makes me laugh

Well you get sumone to go with ye or ill drag ye to one by the ends of yer haar......heh im always up for something new :D :D :D

U like my siggie???? :lol: well, it is me!!!! :wink:

dont worry Lara..........without sounding horrible snorrible..............you and I might live here but would be far too defensive in meeting each other......so what u say prob would never happen...

dont worry about it...........

I happy to watch it all on tv

all I ever wanted to do was attend one rally to feel its ass......

forget it

forget me

:)

ah!

AH!

dont u start!

:p

mad1 said:
U like my siggie???? :lol: well, it is me!!!! :wink:

dont worry Lara..........without sounding horrible snorrible..............you and I might live here but would be far too defensive in meeting each other......so what u say prob would never happen...

dont worry about it...........

I happy to watch it all on tv

all I ever wanted to do was attend one rally to feel its ass......

forget it

forget me

:)

ah!

AH!

dont u start!

:p

I wasnt actually gonna drag ye doon by the haaar really :eek: - id never meet random internet ppl- sorry madster maz - btw if u do spot a girl in a certain coffee shop drooling over a hot guy- she is NOT me :yes:

just go to a rally- im sure you'd meet ppl there

tahts okay Miss Mullen, ur very like me! Realistic about how false the internet is and very adament about not meeting pple u get to know through it......it makes sense as going out there and meeting on ur own terms is better......

*******hugz*********

just remember u have to fill in for me once me out!

:D

mad1 said:
tahts okay Miss Mullen, ur very like me! Realistic about how false the internet is and very adament about not meeting pple u get to know through it......it makes sense as going out there and meeting on ur own terms is better......

*******hugz*********

just remember u have to fill in for me once me out!

:D

I'm not false here :|

Its just other ppl might be :ohmy:

Whatddya mean when your oot?

what do i have to do??? :eeklaugh:

I met my love on the internet, through another forum like this. He emailed me, I wrote him back saying I was going on holiday to Portugal (which I was), but that I'd write more as soon as I got back. He thought I was just brushing him off, but as soon as I got back I wrote a huuuuge email to him, and we decided to meet in Amsterdam. And as the Wets say... "one look is all it took".

I'm in LURVE!!! :drool:

omg Klod your a she......i thought u were a guy :silent:

I thought achtung bubba was a girl yesterday....

:eek:

whoops!

Lara Mullen said:

whoops!

Oh my goodness..... lol.

this is soooo not funny anymore

sicy i was in Dont expect suggest- i really think a gender option would be helpful!!!! VERY helpful for ppl like me :eek:

<--- LM is very embarrassed :eek:

Lara Mullen said:

Maybe he can convince you that he is male. His arguments often provide you with... new insights and few facts, but I am sure he?ll never give it up.

Lara Mullen said:
LOL! Don't worry, Lara, you're not the first to have made that mistake. Klodomir is not a very feminine nick. But now that I have added my picture, it should be pretty obvious. :)

i used to be bono-vox lol but nobody said they thought i was a guy :eek:

Awwww.....

All these "how we met" stories are very cute! Sicy and daafish's story sounds like it should be made into one of those dancing movies like Dirty Dancing or Dance With Me (that's the Vanessa Williams one, right?). :cute:

Back
Top Bottom