How did you meet...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well i'll go with my parents story too (as i don't have my own yet):

they met in primary school (she moved to Ljubljana from another town), and knew each other through high school, and seriously started dating after graduating from high school. Got married (and been together since '68) and three kids were born from that love.

Both were each other's first boyfriend/girlfriend choices. :)

Oh yeh my parents met in 1983 when my mum was 19 and my dad was 22-married in Feb 84- I was born in in April 85- i was due in May tho and my bro and sis were born in Feb 87 and March 88

so our b/days are feb, March, April and next March we will all be 15,16, 17 before i turn 18 :ohmy:

So they will have been married 19 years- wow thats so long!!! :shocked:

Bonochick said:

We're both still in college. I finish at the end of the year, he should finish sometime next year. Then either he's comin' here or I'm goin' there (more likely him comin' here).

We've been waitin' this long, we can keep holdin' out...few years apart to spend the rest of our lives together? Not a bad trade off, if you ask me. :)

But absolutely not a bad deal, if you are concentrating on what you got now.

Didn?t mean to doubt your confidence. It?s just because I?ve had a distance rel. too... when she had finished her studies, she couldn?t find a job in my area, she was always promising to come to live with me, because for me it was a bad trade, in the sense that I missed her everyday. It is a torture if you really love someone, but know you won?t see him for two months.

This continued for years and years, and now we could maybe find a way to get together, but we don?t want anymore, because we have realized we both have changed; she doesn?t want my type no more. We are best friends, but you know, when you invest that much in a distance relationship... I thought we were made for each other, you know. And we have both realized that the best thing would have been to live together after two or three years. If she would have had the guts to break off her studies (which we both didn?t want),...

I think you are still on the right way, you know. But don?t let wait each other for too long. After seven, eight years you may realize it?s poker when you thought it was black jack.

Respect

My wife and I met at a nightclub(lounge in a Chinese restaurant actually).
Had gone to spend a Saturday night out with on of my college friends, as we were standing at the bar, I noticed a young lady across the lounge waving in my direction...did the old turn around to see who she was waving to, and nobody was behind me. My buddy asked if I knew her, and I said no.
A few minutes later she approached, asked me to dance...and the rest is history.

AcrobatMan said:

i want to be just like him..but i am a dead shy person i couldnt have touched here hands even in my dreams in the train but then i am a loser .. :|

..girls like brave boys it seems ;)

oh come on Acrobat man! I was shy too. I was so fucking shy I didn?t have my first real girlfriend until seventeen! Things devlop, give yourself some time.

And yes, women like men who kind of know what they want, but only kind of. You know, if I would have been vulgar, to touch her body, she surely would have slapped me. But her hands, well that was just perfect. And believe me, you can caress a girls hands just as if you were making love.

Throw your shyness out of the window. You simply don?t need to be shy, what do you fear? That you will get red? That someone might dislike you? Come on, that?s ridiculous, you just have to try. Look what happened to me some months ago: in a club, I asked a girl you wanna dance? She said yes, but surely not with you... as if I was the last shit. And so? She has decided to go her way, and she?s not worth it; it sounds awfully egoistic, but I know that I am a type of man they don?t find easily.

So, its her bad. And believe me, if I would have the nerve to speak to every girl that I see on the street looking good... I am shy too, sometimes. Just get a little self confidence man. Listen to James Brown. Start dancing. Do the wild thing, alone in your room. And then come back and tell us how you feel. Ok, this feeling is what you?ll have to use when you see your next princess. And be natural. Seduce her :lol: Girls my style dig that, if you don?t do it macho, but in total sweetness.

Last edited:
My former gf's so far I met in school, bars and clubs. Nothing original really, though the best gf (that also lasted longest) I met during a date with another, who was so boring I had to look at other girls around.

Last edited:
Me and my husband me in highschool. I was a sophmore and he a senior. His friend had asked me out and said no. But I noticed his friend (my hubby), I was more into the gothic theme, so seeing him with his long black hair and fair complection i knew i was in love.:drool: We didn't actually date until three months later and he asked me to go steady with him a month later. Awwwwww!! We are now married for 3 years working on the 4th this October. We've know each other for 6 years! The best thing that came out of us is our now 3 year old son Ezra. Double Awww!! :heart:

AcrobatMan said:

i want to be just like him..but i am a dead shy person i couldnt have touched here hands even in my dreams in the train but then i am a loser .. :|

..girls like brave boys it seems ;)

I love when dave touches my hand- :heart: (im likin dave a lot this week!!!) go for it AM- you better find a girlie soon or im gonna have to fly over and help u find one :p

it was only a matter of time...

only a matter of time till I tainted this thread with my own bitterness, but swallow beat me to it...

Johnny Swallow said:
Single, bitter and proud.

You are hearby unexcommunicated and are no longer being shunned. Amen to bitterness. Youre ok in my books once more. :up:

sulawesigirl4 said:

That's just cuz you're too damn sexy for them.

Too sexy for Milan, New York, and Japan?
Too sexy for your cat, your poor pussy... cat...
:dance: :dance: :dance: to the music! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Re: it was only a matter of time...

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:

Too sexy for Milan, New York, and Japan?
Too sexy for your cat, your poor pussy... cat...
:dance: :dance: :dance: to the music! :dance: :dance: :dance:

dont be bitter baaaabyyyy

Dance for me dance for me weeee- he cracks me up so much that wee guy!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I just had it broken off on me, but the way i met that girl was very interesting and led to a good 4 months. Oh well back to hoping a cool story occurs at some point

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

Throw your shyness out of the window. You simply don?t need to be shy, what do you fear? That you will get red? That someone might dislike you? Come on, that?s ridiculous, you just have to try. Look what happened to me some months ago: in a club, I asked a girl you wanna dance? She said yes, but surely not with you... as if I was the last shit. And so? She has decided to go her way, and she?s not worth it; it sounds awfully egoistic, but I know that I am a type of man they don?t find easily.

So, its her bad. And believe me, if I would have the nerve to speak to every girl that I see on the street looking good... I am shy too, sometimes. Just get a little self confidence man. Listen to James Brown. Start dancing. Do the wild thing, alone in your room. And then come back and tell us how you feel. Ok, this feeling is what you?ll have to use when you see your next princess. And be natural. Seduce her :lol: Girls my style dig that, if you don?t do it macho, but in total sweetness.

I dont know mate..The only sort of music I listen are the Joy Divisions and the Radioheads :sad: apart from U2. I think I had some opportunities in my college in which I tried to be too gentlemanly and too moral and hence lost the race.

And since then I never tried to be in the race. I am 24 now but I dont know really if I am so desperate for girls. Yes I am frustated ..true..but sometimes I am too rude or blunt. I am quite unsocial, dont know how to act with girls especially.

Thanks for encouraging me but I think I like to be a loser. been a loser for so long that I have started to like it. Well I might try your idea but I am not too sure about it.. instead i might be listening to joy division or radiohead in some corner. My idealitic & moralistic approach to life is obviously flawed but I try my hard to stick to it.

The PI firm I was working for in 1988 hired the guy who is now my husband as an investigator and I was assigned to show him how we ran our office. I was the office manager so he reported to me everyday and I disliked him right from the start. I thought he was HUGE jerk, especially when different women started calling for him right way and I had to take the messages.

We ended up being semi-friends and started talking to each other about our romantic problems including my divorce in progress. By 1989, we were dating, then living together and we have been married for almost 7 years.

AcrobatMan said:

I dont know mate..The only sort of music I listen are the Joy Divisions and the Radioheads :sad: apart from U2. I think I had some opportunities in my college in which I tried to be too gentlemanly and too moral and hence lost the race.

And since then I never tried to be in the race. I am 24 now but I dont know really if I am so desperate for girls. Yes I am frustated ..true..but sometimes I am too rude or blunt. I am quite unsocial, dont know how to act with girls especially.

Thanks for encouraging me but I think I like to be a loser. been a loser for so long that I have started to like it. Well I might try your idea but I am not too sure about it.. instead i might be listening to joy division or radiohead in some corner. My idealitic & moralistic approach to life is obviously flawed but I try my hard to stick to it.

AM you are lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I :heart: your music taste- Radiohead :heart:

Stay gentlemanly and moral!!!!!!!!!

:yes: :yes: :yes:

My wife and I met on one of the most miserable nights of my life. Halloween 1994 - College Sophmore - Chicago - Soldier Field - Monday Night Football - Bears vs. Packers - rain/sleet/snow mix - 30 deg.F - 40 mph winds. My feet were so cold, I couldn't walk right. I was soaked to bone, frozen, and the Bears got demolished. It was horrible. My big bro (a senior) introduced me to this gorgeous girl I had seen around campus. Of course (story of my life), I find out a few days later that she's interested in him and he fancies her. Been happening since grade 6.

But not this time.

Almost a year later, I end up on staff with her in one of the dorms on campus. January 1996 I ask her out. July 1999 we marry. Bliss ensues.

I am planning on writing a book about my parents eventaully. Tentatively called "The Fisherman's Wife'(international best-seller one day FOR SURE!!!)
My mum was widowed at a very young age with 2 baby girls a long long way from any family or friends. My dad had a dreadful childhood and was still a bachelor at 40 and mum was 26. He was/is a mad keen beach fisherman. He heard about the widow with the" two little kiddies" who was doing it tough and working at the convent..So he took her around some fish.(I love reducing the story to "He seduced you with a fish??!!!)
Dad is having another operation today, of all things. So she'll be up there right now, assisting him in every tender way, absolutely terrified but pretending she's not....anyway you can read the book:)
My hub and I?....some enchanted evening,u may meet a stranger.. I've told this story before, but the key is music, a Fender guitar...

cass said:
I am planning on writing a book about my parents eventaully. Tentatively called "The Fisherman's Wife'(international best-seller one day FOR SURE!!!)
My mum was widowed at a very young age with 2 baby girls a long long way from any family or friends. My dad had a dreadful childhood and was still a bachelor at 40 and mum was 26. He was/is a mad keen beach fisherman. He heard about the widow with the" two little kiddies" who was doing it tough and working at the convent..So he took her around some fish.(I love reducing the story to "He seduced you with a fish??!!!)
Dad is having another operation today, of all things. So she'll be up there right now, assisting him in every tender way, absolutely terrified but pretending she's not....anyway you can read the book:)
My hub and I?....some enchanted evening,u may meet a stranger.. I've told this story before, but the key is music, a Fender guitar...

that sounds so nice!!!! *sniff*

I :heart: wee stories!

I wanna read the best seller!!!! :D :yes:

I met Alex at school. To me it is the most interesting story I tell but It's kinda long.. But hell, thats never stopped me before.

I had known Alex existed for most of second semester at school. I had a crush on him so I kept bugging my friends for info about him. I wasn't in any of his classes but he had music (strings) at the same time that I had music (band). It was the wednesday before the long weekend in may when our school had our spring music concert. Whenever our school has evening concerts, the whole morning is used for 30min rehersals. I had band at 7:30 and jazz band at 8:30. At 9:00 I didn't feel like going to class (All music students were excused from morning classes) so I stayed in the music room. One of the un-official traditions at my school is when ever a group of us get together we just HAVE to pull out a guitar (or 3 in this case) and play songs that we know. Most of the songs we know are songs from U2, Sloan, Barenaked Ladies, and some others. Since the strings were rehearsing at 9:00 they didn't join us till 9:30. I was sitting on the floor and Alex came and sat beside me. Peter (dude playing guitar) was playing WOWY. I mentioned how I really like U2 to Alex. He said that they are a very talented band. So I talked with him for awhile until we had to set up for the concerts(we like to get a head start). After setting up, it was after luch (time went fast). So he went to his class and I went to mine.

Nothing spectavular happened after that until friday. I had music forst and at my school when you have a class first period it is an extra hour long. The 2 music teachers had planned something special for us so the 2 classes had to be in the same room. I went and sat beside him and waited to hear what it was. Turns out we would watch a movie. I can't remember what movie it was cos I was talking to Alex.

After school I was talking to a friend and she said she heard that Alex liked me. Of course nobody knew that I liked him but she found out when I ated so happy with the news. She said she wasnt sure and that I'd have to ask arah. Of course it was a long weekend so I had to wait until tuesday to ask her.

Being typical, she wouldn't tell me. I found out soon enough though. I was with my friends after school and they kept trying to get Alex and I to touch, etc. It was kinda embarrasing. I had to go sign out my clarinet for the night so I said goodbye and went to the music room. I was coming back when all of a sudden I was surrounded by them all screaming at me at once. I told them to speak 1 at a time. Rachel (my bestfriend), said that Alex was going to ask me out tomorrow. But he didnt ask me out that wednes day so I made a deal with myself. Since this was my last free weekend b4 camp, I decided that is he didnt ask me out by lunch I would ask him out myself. Turns out I had to ask him out but thats okay with me. When I did my friend Antia was like "thats Alex?! He looks...ummm..nice..." I gave her a look and went to find Alex to ask him what time his mom could pick us up.

All in all everything went fine. Turns out his mom is a HUGE U2 fan (she went to ZooTV). At school people were being wierd and and expecting us to like make-out in the halls or something. Alex said it would be best if we waited awhile until we went out again so we could get to know each other first.

I am seeing a play with him next week so all is good.
That was long but I like telling stories about myself so that's just too bad. :love:

I met my current boyfriend at a dive bar down the street, totally by chance. He was supposed to go out with a group of his buddies that night, and plans fell through. Since he still had the night off he decided to go out alone anyways. He was actually about to leave as I walked in, so he decided to stick around for a while :D It's been about 9 months now - he's the best thing that ever happened to me :D

Back
Top Bottom