How Bout them Whitesox?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was at the Angel-White Sox game on Monday. Ervin Santana -- the highest rated prospect in the Angels' farm system -- made his 2nd major league start and he pitched quite well. This guy's gonna be good. :wink:

The White Sox impressed me this weekend, but I don't think that they are the best team in baseball. Frankly, I'll be surprised if they even win their division. Taking two of three against this Cubs team is not a major acomplishment. ;)

The whole team revolves around Posednick, offensively. He's the one who gets things going, and I bet he scores more than half the times he makes it on base. Other than him and A.J. Pierzinski, who about gave me a heart attack every time he stepped to the plate, the Sox are going to have tons of trouble offensively. I honestly see their current record as a lot of luck. There is no doubt in my mind that this is a winning team (I predicted that they would be contenders for the wild card this year), but I don't see them continuing to dominate with their offense.

Any trades offered for McCarthy would be accepted, by the way. ;)

Oh, and after seeing the Sox fans at Wrigley this weekend, I don't want to hear one more complaint about Cubs fans paying more attetion to the beer vendors than the game. Not that I disagree with that. My seats are on the aisle down the right field line, and at any given point during the game, there are at least TWO beer vendors standing in the aisle. If it were up to me, beer would be available at the concession stands only, like at Fenway Park.

I don't think the Sox are number 1 because of luck. The starting pitching has been outstanding thus far. Mark Buehrle and Jon Garland have pitched fantastic. (even if there are still rumors out there that Buehrle wants to pitch for St Louis :mad:) Even Neil Cotts hasn't been horrible.

As far as offense goes...the bats better wake up. I have no clue what's going to happen when Frank Thomas comes back. We'll see though. Konerko and Dye need to step it up in the meantime. :bow: Podsednik :drool:

Last edited:
Awesome, some White Sox fans!! Holy Crap I'm so excited about this year. I just wish Frank Thomas started the season. I hope he gets back to his all-star status.

Could have something to do with the Tribune company...

The Sox will never get as much coverage, people just have to accept it and move on. Let Cub fans be bitter this season. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom