how are you going to spend new years eve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
i'm probably going to spend a quiet new years eve at home this year. i usually go over to my friend rosie's house, but she's going to her familie's house this year and her kids are getting over the flu. so unless something comes up, it'll be Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years Eve. i swear, that guy never ages :lol:

Not sure yet, most of my friends have a huge vacation for school that wont bring them back until next week. I'm going to have to figure out who's around and what's going on.

I don't know either because one of the people I was planning on going out with has the flu and thinks she'll still be on her deathbed Wednesday night. I usually end up doing something completely random but a whole lot of fun!

I am excited that this year I will not be watching Dick Clark, we are heading to San Francisco to see Zoo Station U2 cover band and its 50 bucks for all you can eat and all you can drink :hyper::hyper::hyper:

I'm going to my friends house where we'll do the same boring thing we'd do even if it wasn't New Year's eve. There's 4 of us and we'll go out to dinner and then back to my friends house for a night of drinking games, insulting each others CD choice for the evening, and then eventually start insulting each other. U2 will be slammed a million times even if I don't bring a U2 CD, I'll get really pissed off, and then I'll go home since the other 3 are wasted. (I'll have a few beers at dinner but that's about it).

So what am I doing for New Year's Eve? Nothing fun. :|

the only thing i know is that i am working on New Years Eve! :angry:

and what I am doing after I get off from work I still have no clue. There are many options, but i am not sure what i am going to be in the mood for. I am not in the mood to be a drunken fool. I am still trying to get over my strep and sinus infection, so what ever I end up doing will mean it will be low key which also means no kisses to ring in the new year. :angry:

Nothing. :angry:

I was invited to 2 parties, which is a first. But one is sure to be a boring, drunken mess that I already "enjoyed" for this person's birthday.

The other is too far--plus I'm rather annoyed the hosts cancelled at literally the last minute for *my* LOTR party, leaving us sadly short. So I don't feel like going to theirs. :angry:

If someone I liked threw one, I would go like a shot, but I imagine i will spend it at home as usual, with a few alcoholic beverages. Good times. :uhoh:

Home with Dad. :sigh:

Don't get me wrong...I love my dad, and I suppose it's good that we will be together so that he's not lonely...but I'm 21 this year, and I wish I could be back home to go out with my friends back home. Hell, even having a friend locally to go out with would rock...but, alas...I don't have the luxury. :sad:

I'll be at Interference, I guess. :slant:

I'll tell my boss that as a result from the holidays I'm still living according to Sydney time zones
so I'll start drinking heavily somewhere around noon at the office
go home for dinner
go to my brothers place for more drinks until midnight
go home plastered

so basically the same as every other wednesday

netwhore said:
probably holed up in my room ringing in the new year with LOTR movies.

Netwhore, I dont know who you are, but your name/location/sig/comment in this thread have all made me start to like girls again.

u2popmofo said:

Netwhore, I dont know who you are, but your name/location/sig/comment in this thread have all made me start to like girls again.

You just disappointed a lot of boys.

haha they dont :D
elegantly wasted is though an INXS song and i was taking liberties with pilfering the title to fit.

i dont do drunk with any style or grace
:up:

Umm, nothing really. At home. The family's here, but they'll be asleep before midnight. Maybe I'll join you here, BC! ;)

Angela Harlem said:
haha they dont :D
elegantly wasted is though an INXS song and i was taking liberties with pilfering the title to fit.

i dont do drunk with any style or grace
:up:

ha funny because that song is supposedly about a night out Michael Hutchens (sp sorry) and Bono had.........

I will probably spend new years in Boston

I can combine something from each post and its what we're going to do. :)

We usually find out where the boys are going and with who? We make sure they're there at the call back #. Secondly, we'll watch one movie, order take out from Buca de Beppo - finish two movies with several bottles of wine.. :drunk: :dance:

Last year we watched U2 videos all evening; and we ended it with Electrical Storm (over and over and over)!!

Then fireworks - since we're in the OC, the only fireworks we hear are the idiots firing their guns from the south side of Placentia/North Anaheim neighborhoods :madspit: We have a tri-level home; we make sure we're on the lowest level until after midnight!

Then I'll be taking my own Netwhore to bed!!! :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom