How about some Randooziedooziedoooooom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The neighbors cat was trapped in our garage all night.........when dad went to open it this morning the cat came bounding OVER the car and at my father..............

I feel like that TBS commercial...........is it ok to laugh and if it is, exactly how much laughter is appropriate?
:giggle:

Schmeg said:

I have not gotten one since 2001...and I haven't had the flu since 1997.

I think we'll be all right!

/famous last words

good luck with that :yikes: That's like playing with fire for me. I'd rather get one and not take any chances. Plus I was at the dr for a check up anyways so it was covered by insurance.

We have an early kickball game today- NOON!!! :yikes: Usually they're between 2 and 3!

It's the playoffs; if we win the noon game, we play another one at 1, and if we win that (yeah right) we go to the Championships next week.

Right now we're 4-4 on the season...could go either way, depending on the defense this afternoon. I, of course, will be taking my normal defensive move as "girl on the field." There has to be at least 4, and I do my part by standing in far right field, hoping nothing comes at me, and that I have some of the good catchers at first base and right center field.

arw9797 said:

good luck with that :yikes: That's like playing with fire for me. I'd rather get one and not take any chances. Plus I was at the dr for a check up anyways so it was covered by insurance.
I think I'll be fine. :yes: I hardly ever get sick.

I only remember not having the flu since 1997 (and I think it was actually 1996, after further thought) because I stayed home from school on a Friday, and had to skate at 6 the next morning. I dragged myself through the practice because we were supposed to go to a compeition the next week, and if I didn't skate the practice before, I couldn't skate the competition.

Of course, there was the Storm of the Century the next week (one of at least 3 that winter) and the competition was cancelled.

kellyahern said:

But you're missing Skate America :shocked:!

Actually, it's kind of boring so far. And ABC's sound mix is really annoying, it's like they put microphones on all of the skater's skates.
:ohmy: REALLY? I'm such a dork I would have loved to hear the sounds of the blades on ice. :drool: :nerd:

Kickball Update:
We lost. Pitifully. And two of the guys on our team (one may or may not have been my roomie :shifty: ) threw tantrums at three different times, so we've decided our winter Dodgeball team will be called Anger Management.

We lost to the team that had the player we knocked unconcious a few weeks ago.

And then we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for beer, wings, football, and beer, so everything is good and we were able to laugh at the tantrums. The ref truly did suck, though.

Kariann said:
CF, J and I ended up with tickets to see Barenaked Ladies tonight. I felt motivated enough to even curl my hair and have to say that it looks really good!

I have seen BNL a couple of times. They are pretty good. Should be a good show. :up:

I suppose I should carve the pumpkin I have setting outside. Anyone have any ideas what I should make it look like? Needs to be fairly simple, no MacPhisto or Edge's face! :laugh: I can paint and draw OK, but I'm no artist when it comes to pumpkin carving.

:crazy: :sad:

I just watched a Food Network Challenge: Candy Castles. It was at the Mall of America. There was a woman from MN that was in the competition. The whole time watching it I wanted her to win because I liked her design the best and also because she seemed to have the most completed castle out of the 4 contestants. Also, where she's from isn't too far from where my parents live. I kept thinking that I really need to look her up and see if she owns a shop that I could visit...maybe talk to her about being a pastry chef. She ended up winning the $10,000 prize. Her whole family was there cheering her on. At the end of the show they flashed a "in memory of..." and it was her! I just looked her name up and she died of a heart attack 2 days after the competition. I was totally not expecting to look her to find an obituary instead. How awful. :tsk: :sad: They always replay the challenges throughout the week and I always watch them again and again. I don't think I'll be able to watch this one ever again. :(

on another note.....month end hell began last week with no end in sight until the end of the month is over. :scream: Tomorrow is going to suck. Tuesday is going to suck even more. There's no silver lining, no positive ways out of this one. I've done this one too many times to know it's just going to be brutal. :scream: I left on Friday in a gigantic hole that's going to take a miracle to dig myself out of. Then on Wednesday I get to meet with my new/old supervisor (not the crazy lady) and tell her all about school and how I'm just that crazy that I want to continue to put up with working in the busiest office on the planet AND go to school full time. :crack:

shari schultz said:
The neighbors cat was trapped in our garage all night.........when dad went to open it this morning the cat came bounding OVER the car and at my father..............

I feel like that TBS commercial...........is it ok to laugh and if it is, exactly how much laughter is appropriate?
:giggle:

A lot of laughter is appropriate ~ that's funny :up:

Last night on the way to J's some random big bird flew in front of the car and hit the bumper, bounced off of the windshield followed by a bounce on the roof of the car and as I turned my head I saw it land in the middle of the road. It was freaky...we couldn't tell for sure what it was and looking on the way back it was already undistinguishable. So now I have to watch out for deer and flying objects when driving out there.

^ :yikes: I would have screamed.

I almost ran over a squirrel this morning on my way to work. I'm used to grey squirrels, but they're brown here, and he blended in with the leaves on the side of the road. :eek:

Hey, I just pm'ed you about one of our dreams come true, and a certain CEO of a certain multi-billion-dollar retail chain we have been affiliated with didn't tell us anything about it. :angry:

Gotta go back to work now.

Kariann said:
I did scream...not as good as the roach scream though. All I can say is whatever it was had some pretty good air time by the time it landed.
OMG the roach scream. :eeklaugh: I really believe you should have been a star in horror movies.

Okay, The Simpsons "The Shinning" Treehouse of Horrors episode was just on, and my brother and I used to recite parts of that to each other. I just texted him, "Do you want to be SUED?!" and he was all confused.

"Are you on the smack, are you?"
~Jim

I keep playing phone tag with my guy who will get and train me on the TENS unit for my knee...........:scream:
We are very good at leaving voicemail messages for each other.........

TAG, your it TENS unit guy.

Last edited:
I just made a banana bread (with cholcolate chunks :domestic: ) and it smells sOoOoOoOo good i just want to take a fork and eat the whole thing.

I also want to take a bath but the Patriots are on in 20 minutes (vs. the Vikings! Too bad the Viking fan won't be home for another 2 hours, probably!). I guess I don't NEED to see kickoff...

kellyahern said:
"No beer and no TV make Homer something, something . . ."

"Go crazy?"

"Don't mind if I do!"

:wink:
:lol: I texted him "Go crazy? Don't mind if I do!" next, and his response was from Austin Powers II, which we also recite.

"Riiiiiiggghhhht...I'm going to go watch a mooooovie." Then he told me that the Pats are on tonight. :cute:

On MNF, they're going to show a story about Teddy Bruschi (sp?) and a make a wish kid. I've heard about this one. Bring the kleenex :sad:.

Okay, you've influenced my decision...I'll probably watch that. Tedi's awesome. He was at one of the spring U2 concerts in Boston...I think the show before the one you slept in the airport for. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom