Hotel Atlanta, München, Germany, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley! You're even invading my Green Day alerts on Facebook!

Limited Special Edition Vinyl/CD Art Books start shipping next week
Fri at 2:12pm

Fucking Virgin Spencer St Station.

So I brought the new Eskimo Joe and Green Day (Finally!) Albums today, bear in mind that its a 2.5 hour train trip for me back to this place......and I just go to put in the Green Day CD in and its not in its fucking case!

I'm wondering if I go into their sister store, (store under the same umbrella, different name) and will just get the disc there. :hmm:

damn it, it's always dead when i'm around.

ax, hey. getting excited?? i've got your paris tickets, so obviously at some point we have to make plans for meeting up and such. yayay!!!!! i've been keeping spoiler free except the pic of the stage being built, though i do know i need to check in to see if the GA rules have been announced some time soon.

also the weirdest thing happened with my barcelona tickets.

True or false, when you go on vacation, your bills aren't due until you come back, not on their pre-scheduled due dates.

Sorry, griping about work. Stupid people.

Haha, did someone honestly use that as an excuse?

Are you kidding? people use that as an excuse all the damn time!

"But I wasn't home that day to see my statement."
Did you pay your mortgage on time?
"Yeah."
Well, your credit card is due just like your mortgage. If we don't receive a payment before the due date, you're gonna get a late fee and interest.
"That's not fair! I wasn't home!"
You paid your other bills when you weren't home.
"Well, give me a credit."
Can't. It's a valid charge.
"Well, then I wanna speak to your supervisor!"
Fine. Be advised that they will not be able to issue you a credit either since it is a valid charge.
"Well, then I'm going to cancel my account! Your company is going to suffer without my business!"
Yes, ma'am. I'll be happy to do that for you. You'll receive confirmation in the mail with your final statement.
"Well, I don't actually want to cancel it. You can't give me a credit?"
No, ma'am.
*click*

I have that conversation or some mutated version of it at least 20 times a day :crack:

I'll tell you one thing though, I wanted to kill whoever I talked to at Capitol One the day I was supposed to go to my first U2 gathering and see U23D. They kept me on the phone for an hour telling me they'd fix it, only to tell me at the end that there was nothing they could do.

I'll tell you one thing though, I wanted to kill whoever I talked to at Capitol One the day I was supposed to go to my first U2 gathering and see U23D. They kept me on the phone for an hour telling me they'd fix it, only to tell me at the end that there was nothing they could do.

I'm so sorry you have a Crapital One card. I have an HSBC card, so I can't really talk, but my advice? Pay it off as soon as you can, ask for a supervisor every time you call in (and if the supervisor's incompetent, tell them you want to talk to the next level up [there's four, btw]), and also ask for a lower interest rate whenever you call in. More often than not, there's one available. And if you ever have a catastrofuck, PM me first before you call them. I know what to say so I can help you bring the hammer down and get things fixed.

I ordered pizza. Why the fuck did I buy a WHITE wine?!

Wait, WHO CARES.

THIS IS THE RIESLING!

I had a riesling earlier this year that I really liked and then I forgot what it was and I've been trying to find it since. All I could remember was that it was rather cheap, and I was surprised how good it was for the price. And the bottle I grabbed today is it!

James Busby Eden Valley 2006 riesling. Get into it, people. Fruity but dry, hellz yeah.

Are rieslings usually dry? I've adored rieslings, generally, but cannot stand any dry whites, like chardonnay. I think I like the sweeter dessert type wines, or ones which suit seafood, regardless of whether I'm having seafood or not. In fact, I rarely eat while drinking wine. It gets too complicated :lol:

Oooh, that would be awesome. My friends in Queensland did something similar for me and drew the first five digits of Pi.

And here's our photo. I swear this was taken at 12:35am on a midwinter night:

s640x480

That. That is exceptional.

Are rieslings usually dry? I've adored rieslings, generally, but cannot stand any dry whites, like chardonnay. I think I like the sweeter dessert type wines, or ones which suit seafood, regardless of whether I'm having seafood or not. In fact, I rarely eat while drinking wine. It gets too complicated :lol:

Honestly, with riesling, it really depends. It can be dry or it can be sweet just depending on the grower. It tends to be quite fruity, and it has high acidity.

Personally, unless I'm specifically after a dessert wine, I'll take a dry over a sweet wine any time.

I need to finish that red wine I bought last month, if it's still good.

How are the haps with you fundamentally flawed toerags?
:love:

Honestly, with riesling, it really depends. It can be dry or it can be sweet just depending on the grower. It tends to be quite fruity, and it has high acidity.

Personally, unless I'm specifically after a dessert wine, I'll take a dry over a sweet wine any time.

Really, I'll drink anything except dry wines. :D Not fussy. With reds I'm a little fussier, but I don't know as much so I just don't experiment often.

How are the haps with you fundamentally flawed toerags?
:love:
Someone asked me what was on my mind, so I typed my stream of consciousness for five minutes straight. He then asked my my skull didn't explode.
I want to try ADD drugs just once.

:hmm: How long, usually, will an open bottle of wine keep in the fridge?

It really does depend on the wine. I've had some wines easily last me a month. I've had others start to lose it by the end of a week. I always try to drink wine within a week to avoid any problems.

My experience with reds has been pretty much black and white rather than a spectrum - either it lasts sensationally, or it just tastes like shit and you know straight away it's no longer worth drinking.

omg! it's people!!

so what happened with my barcelona tickets? well remember how they woudln't send them to the US after charging 40 euro for shipping....

so then i finally finally get them to agree by email (phone number is dead) that they'll send to me in switzerland, impersonating NSfW complete with changing my email account to say it's from him (it's on his CC)

It really does depend on the wine. I've had some wines easily last me a month. I've had others start to lose it by the end of a week. I always try to drink wine within a week to avoid any problems.

My experience with reds has been pretty much black and white rather than a spectrum - either it lasts sensationally, or it just tastes like shit and you know straight away it's no longer worth drinking.

ah, gotcha. I'll give it a taste tomorrow and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom