Hotel Atlanta, München, Germany, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I vow to try a white wine this summer...VOW!

As Ax said, sweet wines are a good first try. In France, they're called Muscat, which is the grape they're made of. In Spain they're called Moscatel, and I'm not too sure what the italian version is. :hmm: Probably moscato then.

Otherwise a Riesling can be quite nice too. Bit fruity, not too strong.

LM brings the anger?

That'd be a foursome then. Or perhaps he likes to watch?

adamlikestowatch.jpg

Pretty good, finished all my essays and worked all weekend, and even took some photos. Currently relaxing with Barth and Pratchett. How about you?

Karl Barth? Well, I suppose I can't talk, given I relax by reading 19th century histories.

I'm done for the semester too, apart from my thesis draft due early July. Feels fucking good.

And I need to do some SERIOUS photo uploading.

Nice. How was the long weekend trip? I'm presuming those are the photos you're talking about. Oh, and mine are in the photo thread in LS as always.

So, apparently Muse are having an album this year. I'm quite excited.

Long weekend trip was very good. So, so many photos of trams and trains, you have no idea. But some other interesting stuff too. Alison and I were playing around with long exposures and higher ISOs at night ... ISO of 400, 25 second exposure, looks like fucking DAYLIGHT at 12:30am.

I can only hope the new Muse album isn't as terrible as Black Holes And Revelations was. A return to their Absolution form would be welcome.

Niiice. I had a great idea, figured that if I got a laser pointer and a cool looking wall in absolute darkness, I could write on the wall with the pointer and get it all - haven't tried it yet, though.

Niiice. I had a great idea, figured that if I got a laser pointer and a cool looking wall in absolute darkness, I could write on the wall with the pointer and get it all - haven't tried it yet, though.

Oooh, that would be awesome. My friends in Queensland did something similar for me and drew the first five digits of Pi.

And here's our photo. I swear this was taken at 12:35am on a midwinter night:

s640x480

Oooh, that would be awesome. My friends in Queensland did something similar for me and drew the first five digits of Pi.

And here's our photo. I swear this was taken at 12:35am on a midwinter night:

s640x480

DAMN, that's amazing. And the midwinter thing makes it even better. Although, I'd've left it at ISO100 just to get it a bit darker, but that's just me.

DAMN, that's amazing. And the midwinter thing makes it even better. Although, I'd've left it at ISO100 just to get it a bit darker, but that's just me.

Oh, we were just playing around, since the ISO 400 results were amusing us. It was more the exposure length ... I have one where I stopped it earlier that's darker. I'll upload that now.

This one is cool. Although looking at the two, the light one does seem a lot better, except there's nothing to tell you that it's night!

That's what just completely blew us away. Happened by accident too. See, I was trying to photograph a bright object in the sky - later found out it was Jupiter - and I wasn't having so much luck, so I decided to see what ramping up the ISO would do. We were amazed when I released the shutter and it was fucking DAYLIGHT, so we spent the next few minutes creating "daylight" photos at night. Might have to try it again sometime with the moon obvious in the background.

Just uploaded a couple more photos. Since I have a reliable tripod now, I decided to play around with motion blur. This is a 0.3 second exposure of the Castlemaine to Maldon steam train approaching Muckleford station.

s640x480

And a more conventional shot for me. I'm proud of it since I shot it on full manual and don't think I fucked up. Also, you can't tell too well at this smaller size, but in the full version, you can clearly see the driver leaning out of the cab, not to mention some passengers too, including one well-placed chap between the tree trunks.

s640x480

That's what just completely blew us away. Happened by accident too. See, I was trying to photograph a bright object in the sky - later found out it was Jupiter - and I wasn't having so much luck, so I decided to see what ramping up the ISO would do. We were amazed when I released the shutter and it was fucking DAYLIGHT, so we spent the next few minutes creating "daylight" photos at night. Might have to try it again sometime with the moon obvious in the background.

Just uploaded a couple more photos. Since I have a reliable tripod now, I decided to play around with motion blur. This is a 0.3 second exposure of the Castlemaine to Maldon steam train approaching Muckleford station.

s640x480

And a more conventional shot for me. I'm proud of it since I shot it on full manual and don't think I fucked up. Also, you can't tell too well at this smaller size, but in the full version, you can clearly see the driver leaning out of the cab, not to mention some passengers too, including one well-placed chap between the tree trunks.

s640x480

Both are really good shots! The motion blur's great. The other picture just needs to be straightened slightly and it'll be a winner, too!

So yes. I'm exhausted. I'll be back another time for more. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom